Modplugtracker effects empty wav.-files

Started by Felixx, January 23, 2006, 16:18:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Felixx

Hi,

I used the modplugtracker to convert midi  to wav.
It worked until my soundcard crashed. I bought another
one, but the conversion was impossible.  Now I have
a new one (the same like the crasced one), but it does'nt work anymore.
The producer of the soundcard said, there is no reason
by the soundcard, it must be a software-failure.
So I installed this program again, but -  no difference.
Midi-files are sounding with winamp, but by converting
I get only 50 MB silence.
I need it, because I make excersise-CD's from works
which I composed with Finale 2003.

(Windows XP Prof)
modplud version 1.16.0206

Thanks for help Felix

speed-goddamn-focus

Either read this thread to see how the problem can be fixed, use a recording program such as Audacity to record the output of your soundcard (you usually need to set record to "what u hear" or "mixer output") while playing the midi in Winamp or Finale, or use a dedicated midi to wav conversion piece of software. All solutions are of course free.

Felixx

After writing this I found the OpenMPT-file
and I tried this. Now - it works again!

Randilyn

[deleted]

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "SILOH 3005"Also, Winamp prevents OpenMPT from accessing the MIDI soundbanks, even if Winamp doesn't or never has had a MIDI file open.
Either I disagree or I completely misunderstand you. Are you perhaps talking about midi file associations?

Randilyn

[deleted]

LPChip

Ah, thats good to know. (although i never use winamp :P)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "SILOH 3005"If Winamp is running in the background and OpenMPT tries to map the instruments within the MIDI file to the instruments contained within any "in use" system resources, such as system-allocated DLS instrument collections, OpenMPT will simply create a module with full pattern and instrument data but no samples, and it effectively plays back as an amount of silence equal to the track length. It is quite a common problem, and ModPlug is not at fault.
What a peculiar behaviour. I don't think it's Winamps fault tho, it just uses the midi devices installed on the system.

Randilyn

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"What a peculiar behaviour. I don't think it's Winamps fault tho, it just uses the midi devices installed on the system.

Yea, but they mentioned Winamp so I thought it was worth bringing up.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "SILOH 3005"Yea, but they mentioned Winamp so I thought it was worth bringing up.
Definitely worth bringing up :)