[Compo:R]The MODPlug Tracker Compo 2009

Started by LPChip, April 25, 2009, 11:42:17

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

I don't think so, LV. But you can reference them lots of times. Given that you're not allowed to modify the samples at all, the fact that you can only reference them shouldn't be a problem.

LPChip

Indeed. You cannot duplicate the sample, but thats pointless anyway, cus you cannot modify them in any way either.

You can make duplicates of the instruments, and that gives you the option to have as many different sounds as you can make using these samples.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Louigi Verona

Ah, so you CAN create as many instruments out of these samples as you want, right? So that I have instruments with different volume envelopes and different filter settings, right?

bvanoudtshoorn

Saga Musix

As I have explained already in this thread, you can simply duplicate an instrument by clicking on the "new instrument" button and pressing the shift key at the same time.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"As I have explained already in this thread, you can simply duplicate an instrument by clicking on the "new instrument" button and pressing the shift key at the same time.

Or at the location where you do sample mappings, right click-> duplicate instrument works too
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

Since Cubaxd has posted a song that follows the rules before this compo is over and people are now discouraged to participate, I have added the following rule to this compo:

Please don't post a song that contains these samples (wether it follows the rules or not and you are/aren't participating in this compo until the deadline has past).

Basically that means: if you do something along the lines of this compo, wether you're participating or not, please wait until its voting time before releasing it.

uncloned

were does one get the allowed DX effects?

Saga Musix

They're built into DirectX. And since every Windows installation nowadays comes with DirectX, you already have them. Simply use the plugin manager to add them to your tune.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

bvanoudtshoorn

EDIT: Darn -- beaten to the punch by Jojo. :P

maleek

I would have loved to be able to use a square and a triangle. But this is more challenging. I've actually begun plotting something down, it is something along the lines of a techno-offering.

LPChip

Quote from: "maleek"I would have loved to be able to use a square and a triangle. But this is more challenging. I've actually begun plotting something down, it is something along the lines of a techno-offering.

I know the feeling... But nah, that would've made things way too easy :)

Sam_Zen

Sorry to say, but I'm off again. Not because of cubaxd, but I have other things on my mind the coming time.

Saga Musix

no reason. i made my entry for the xmas compo in 15 minutes. :P

psishock

I wanted to say something similar to Sam too, 1-2 loose days should be plenty to make something really decent, and we have still much time, but then thought, he must be very aware of that, and in the end, i didn't wanted to pursuit the reason.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)