Build 1.17.02.39 Suggestions

Started by Matt Hartman, January 15, 2006, 09:59:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Hartman

Now that the new auto-note delays have a shut off valve, so to speak, is there anyway to link this function under the pattern view, rather than the tracker options? This would create a quick access structure and would be far more useful in switching it on and off at will.

Also, I was thinking again, which normally results in what's an explosive equivalent to a small itch on my scalp, how possible would it be to add a slider in the instrument view that would set a limit to how much note delay gets affected by the random implementations?

For example: If you set the slider to a position that reads SD3, the randomization will only process any where from SD1-SD3, and not above this limit?

Its sort of a mini-filter upon a tweak.

Whatcha' think?
Yeah, sure. Right. Whatever.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Matt Hartman"Now that the new auto-note delays have a shut off valve, so to speak, is there anyway to link this function under the pattern view, rather than the tracker options? This would create a quick access structure and would be far more useful in switching it on and off at will.
So you mean that it could be controlled like, say, the follow song-option? Surely this could be possible - I just thought that there is no need to have quick access on the feature(and I don't see the need now either, could you briefly explain how you use it?) and thus it found its way into the general setup.

Quote from: "Matt Hartman"...how possible would it be to add a slider in the instrument view that would set a limit to how much note delay gets affected by the random implementations?
Now I lost the idea there :P - what are 'random implementations'?

LPChip

About the Note delay randomisation... Wouldn't it be better to put the slider to say... SD3, and have a value for any between none and SD3?

Although it should do add only, not replace.

If i have a note SD4 with Random Param: SD1, it should be either SD4 or SD5 if there's room. If there isn't room, it should be SD4 alone.

With the room I mean the following.

Say, you have a speed of 6 (A06), then you have 6 twips in a row, and a max of SD5 (as SD6 would be the same as lowering that note one row) If you enter SD5 with a random param, either way, it always will be SD5.

(using SD4 or SD5 is great for a double snare hit bytheway. Try this example ;) using speed 6

(first number is row)

07 C-4 01 v40 SD5
08 C-4 01 v64 .00

You can also replace the SD5 with SD4 upon preferences.)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Matt Hartman

I've illustrated for each request, what I'm after. I've highlighted key areas of concern. It should be relatively self explanatory...

See following specs:

Yeah, sure. Right. Whatever.

Relabsoluness

ok. I got confused whether you meant the current autodelay thing(which is not doing things randomly) or some autodelay randomiser.

What comes to the randomisation, I think it might need some modification, since that way it would(?) only do delays, while it might be good to have to 'backward delays'(i.e. not delay note, but play it in advance, like putting the note with sd5 in previous line).