Speed/ticks per row/tempo

Started by tim, April 04, 2009, 15:43:48

Previous topic - Next topic

tim

I'm making this song which transitions from 6/8 @ 220 BPM to 4/4 @ 140, only I want to track the 4/4 at 280 so I can make cool things happen. So, on the transition, I set the pattern to 128 rows, 140 BPM, 3 ticks per row. The pattern should be whizzing by, only in this particular case, I can't get the ticks/row to change the speed.
If I track this 4/4 bit by itself, I can change the speed with ticks/row.
Does anyone know why ticks/row won't change the speed on the transition, and what I need to kick in order to make it go?

LPChip

To change the speed, use Txx. To change the ticks per row, use Axx

Put these commands on the first line of the pattern where you want to change things.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

tim

Quote from: "LPChip"To change the speed, use Txx. To change the ticks per row, use Axx

Put these commands on the first line of the pattern where you want to change things.

Yeah, I did, but the ticks per row should change the speed, from what I understand.  As in, T8c is 140 bpm @ 6 ticks/row, but should (in my mind) bump up to 280 bpm @ 3 ticks/row. However, in this case, the ticks/row does not affect the tempo at all. If I track the 4/4 bit by itself, I can double the tempo with A03 (which is what I'm trying to do in the transition, but can't).
I could just leave the ticks/row value at 6 and move the tempo to 280, but if adjusted as an effect, tempo can only go as high as 255.

Saga Musix

QuoteHowever, in this case, the ticks/row does not affect the tempo at all.
You seem to have Modern Tempo Mode enabled, you can disable it in the module properties.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

tim

Quote from: "Jojo"You seem to have Modern Tempo Mode enabled, you can disable it in the module properties.

Ahh! Excellent. Thank you!