Clicking into previous and next patterns

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, March 11, 2009, 23:30:56

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Lots of feature requests from me at the moment...

OK, a while ago I put in a request that you be able to move into the previous and next pattern nicely using the keyboard. It'd also be nice if I could just click in the previous or next pattern, and have the selection moved appropriately: in other words, make it a truly transparent process.

Saga Musix

I'm not sure if that is a good idea (at least I myself wouldn't like it), so what do other people say?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Nahkranoth

Erm, you mean that if "Show prev|next patterns" is enabled, that area becomes clickable? So if I'm viewing pattern 1 for example and I can see the next pattern 2 (grayed), I can click somewhere on the grayed field to instantly jump to the position I clicked? I agree, it would be nice then :)

bvanoudtshoorn

@Nahkranoth: that's exactly what I mean. :)

Exhale

This feature could transform the whole concept of tracking if you could extend this to include the selectable option of viewing the entire song as if it was 1 pattern.

IE, the pattern list will continue ticking away as usual whenever the selection/play moves into a new pattern but the view of the scrolling code will look like one long pattern.

However you'll want some sort of unobtrusive indicator to show the patterns for editing purposes

bvanoudtshoorn

That's exactly what I'm after, Exhale. :)