mpt & midi-hardware (again)

Started by BooT-SectoR-ViruZ, December 12, 2005, 11:35:07

Previous topic - Next topic

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

a friend of mine uses mpt (1.16) together with an external synthesizer:

Quotemidi information is sent to mpt correctly and mpt writes the values.
now i'd like to know how it will be possible to synchronize the start sequence of the synth and mpt
[press play on synth => mpt starts playing as well (or the other way round... doesn't really matter)]

will one of the new builds help him or has anybody some hint for this?
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

rewbs

MPT doesn't support syncing sequence playback via midi but I'll look around to see what would be involved in implementing this.

protonic

LPChip

MPT should be synched when we sync it with an external midi clock.

Cus when you press start on the keyboard, it initiates the midi clock. This way, you can also set the tempo according to that of the midi device.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "LPChip"MPT should be synched when we sync it with an external midi clock.

Cus when you press start on the keyboard, it initiates the midi clock. This way, you can also set the tempo according to that of the midi device.

Is this statement a confirmation that you will add this feature to MPT?

LPChip

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"
Quote from: "LPChip"MPT should be synched when we sync it with an external midi clock.

Is this statement a confirmation that you will add this feature to MPT?

Not by me :P But its a working solution if implemented poperly. ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs