How do I write my MPT music on paper?

Started by PabloLuna, December 05, 2008, 18:49:23

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloLuna

I am not very well educated in music notation.
I just imagine and then try to make it sound in MPT.
How do I pass my MPT music to paper, so musicians can read it?

Saga Musix

you can try to export it as midi. some midi editors can output scores (see this request for some software that can do that). beware that this may lead to problems if your samples use different tunings.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

PabloLuna

If I wanted to do it manually, how do I do that?
I know the basic symbols for each duration of notes, but I am lost with how to determine how many rows mean what duration and notation on speed and keys.

Saga Musix

well, that actually depends on the module setup. in a standard module, one row means a 1/16 note.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

PabloLuna

I have seen scores and they have speeds in italian.
What should be the equivalences between those names and MPT settings?
Also what should be the equivalence to metronome speed?

Also MPT has sample tuning.  How do I standardize to know what is the note for instruments that have different tuning?

I have some modules that I need to write on paper.
Some have standard speeds, some go a bit faster.

Saga Musix

you have to tune all samples so C-5 really represents a C. Technical notation is not identical to score notation, so there are no real equivalents of the italian words. More recent scores have BPMs (like in moplug) instead of tempo names, though.