[DUPE] X-parameter Effect Affecting Position Jump

Started by Really Weird Person, October 30, 2008, 23:18:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

It would be excellent (and necessary in some cases) if the Position Jump effect (Bxx) was affected by the x-parameter effect (#xx). There is a song that I would like to do, but I cannot do it because it requires over 5,000 patterns (even at 1,024 rows apiece  :nuts:) (I know that I am! Actually, I am not so much nuts as I am crazy!) According to some of his posts, it sounds like LPChip may be much more nuts though :lol:! BTW, what was the link to download the latest version of Modplug Tracker again? Thanks

Edit: Moved to the issue tracker: https://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=789

LPChip

There's a forum which is called Software Downloads. In there, there's a post that gives you the link. :)

And I'm indeed very nuts. You're more eh... weird? :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

Weird indeed, perhaps I would consider myself, in that case, wrazy then. I looked and did not see it. It used to be an "as always" link, but I did not see that. I believe that it was one of your posts, LPChip.
Weird, odd, wodd!

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

Quote from: "RWP"5,000 patterns, even at 1,024 rows
hmmm, that makes me really wonder, what type of song is that you're making, and how does it sounds? Can you render a short part of it (about a minute or so) to mp3 and give us some sneak peak preview?
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

älskling

Quote from: "psishock"
Quote from: "RWP"5,000 patterns, even at 1,024 rows
hmmm, that makes me really wonder, what type of song is that you're making, and how does it sounds? Can you render a short part of it (about a minute or so) to mp3 and give us some sneak peak preview?

A short sneak peak preview of such a song still ought to last for an hour or so... In order to give a good impression of what the final piece will be like.

Really Weird Person

Sure thing, I will get started on it after I submit this post because I will have to make it first. :lol: :nuts:
Here are the first four patterns of it. It is actually the first 48 patterns of the song, it is the first three whole (1,024 row) patterns and 32 rows of the fourth.
http://www.file-upload.net/en/download-1224523/Insaniqwool_1st_4_Patterns.mp3.html

psishock

Oh, i've got the picture.
Very interesting, sounds like the dark megamix version of the old "popcorn" theme. :o Its calming, like those console RPG musics ^^ Its creative btw with those sharp transitions, it keeps the listener's attention. I would switch some of the sounds in it, but i'm feeling this in almost every song :lol:, so it's best to leave that part to the artist.

Really Weird Person

Yep, it is the combination of Popcorn, the music from the Stadium and Danger Room arenas from One Must Fall 2097, and the songs from Insaniquarium (in the form of a suite). The pattern numbers are as follows.
Danger Room:  13
Stadium:  24
Insaniquarium Suite (Elegost! is the filename though):  68½ (technical amount), rounded to 69 and doubled to make 138. The LCM is 624(138) or 86,112. 86,112 ÷ 16 = 5,382. Position jump maximum = position 255 or pattern 256, hmm.

psishock

omg :shock:  ... ... i've actually read that last few sentences multiple times, slowly, did a google search (LCM) to be able to understand, what did you mean. :o

You always "do" music this way? It's insane. The math sounds very correct... but it feels wrong somehow. =)

älskling

It's an odd wodd weird way of doing mashups I think :D

Really Weird Person

Indeed I do. I do that every time I make combination songs because I want them to end at the same time and that is the only way that I know of to do it [and I believe that it is the only way to do it]. The only time that I do not do that is if I make suites. Then I use a simple sum. As for the lack of knowledge as to what LCM is, that is interesting. I would have thought that you would have learned that in one of your math classes in school. Perhaps you were one of those kids who quit school at an early age, in which case you may not necessarily know what LCM (Least Common Multiple) and GCF (Greatest Common Factor) are.

psishock

QuotePerhaps you were one of those kids who quit school at an early age
lol :D, the case is much simpler that you think, you see not everyone goes to "English" schools =). I was, just like many other people in this world, finished the studies in my native language, Hungarian. The expression that we used were on the same language, but that haven't stopped me from google-ing this English term and finding my answer. =)
LCM in Hungarian would sound something like "legkisebb közös többszörös" ^^

LPChip

I was puzzled too, and my reason is that I'm dutch. :) Yeah, same problem. :nuts:

Really Weird Person

I did not realize that you were not native English speakers. So you probably did learn about it, but you used phrases that were more suited for your language as opposed to the acronym in the post.