Which addons do you have installed in your browser?

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, October 12, 2008, 12:15:45

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

I thought this could be interesting. Who knows - someone might have the single best addon known to man, which you've never heard of. :)

Addons (Fx3)
• AdBlock Plus
Aging Tabs (currently disabled)
• Autohome (You have got to install this, not least because I contributed!)
AVG Safe Search (currently disabled - I'm old enough to search safely)
• Awesomer bar
• Better Gmail 2
• British English Dictionary
• Ctrl-Tab (think alt-tab navigation for tabs)
• CustomizeGoogle
• DownThemAll (another must-have)
• English (Australian) Dictionary
• Firebug (A must-have for web app developers)
• Firecookie
• Flashblock
Greasemonkey (currently disabled)
• Net Usage Item (an awesome addon from Aus)
Palette Grabber (currently disabled)
• sixtyone (Josh Whelchel's thesixtyone scrobbler)
• Source Viewer Tab
Text Shadow (currently disabled)
TinyURL creator (currently disabled, because it doesn't seem to work)
• Web Developer (a must have!)
• Zotero (if you're doing research, a must have)

Themes
• Tango 3 (selected; I love the Tango icons. :))

My goodness, I didn't realise I had so many addons... :/

Oh no! Their husband hurls insults with your pink walrus!?

Saga Musix

Firefox 3 themes:
- Default (switched back to this one yesterday)
- Firefox 2 Theme (used that before)
- GrayModern (love this one, but hm... yeah :D)

Firefox 3 addons:
- AdBlock Plus <3
- Download Statusbar (really useful to see the downloads all the time)
- DownloadHelper (to download any kind of media, e.g. youtube videos)
- FireShot (disabled. i just have it installed because it may be useful some day)
- HTML Validator (The tool to go if you wanna see if people care about HTML standards, and of course when checking your own website)
- IE Tab (for those stonage-old websites, and for webdesign)
- Image Zoom (Only zoom into the pictures that you want to!)
- lori (life of request. here you can see how much data was transferred, how long it took to download and to display the site you're viewing)
- NoScript <3
- oldbar (AwesomeBar is not awesome!)
- SearchStatus (to display google pagerank)
- User Agent Switcher (yeah, guess what)
- web developer (also important when analyzing / designing websites)

BTW: You don't need an addon to create tinyurls :)
just add this bookmark:
javascript:document.location='http://is.gd/api.php?longurl='+escape(window.location);
it will create an is.gd shortened url.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

-FlashBlock - that's very useful and didn't found any worthwhile third party =)
-NoScript - same =)

third parties (good side of them, that they are working with every browser or window):
-mouse gestures are handled by StrokeIt, i can also use this to minimise, maximise, or close normal windows with gestures, really speeds up the work because i don't have to aim for the buttons ;)
-adblocking is handled by HostsMan
-all downloads are handled/managed by FreeDownloadManager and uTorrent =)
-spell checking is integrated to latest FF, that is neat, and i also use third party dictionaries if i need them.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

None!!!!!!

I hate firefox, and for Opera I don't really need addons.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

so you life with all those ads on the websites? :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"so you life with all those ads on the websites? :P

Ofcource not. But you need addons for that, I just need Opera for that. Opera has everything that you eventually can reach with addons :nuts: Yeah, I know... Some people like to go through all the trouble, I just want the fixed packages :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

you wouldn't need an Extension for that in Firefox as well, but with AdBlock Plus, the blacklists are constantly updated. :)

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"you wouldn't need an Extension for that in Firefox as well, but with AdBlock Plus, the blacklists are constantly updated. :)

Oh, well, I have my router for that :D It has software in it to automatically update its blacklist too and that means that pages don't even reach my browser. :)

Sam_Zen

So far, I didn't really need any FF extensions.