C64 sid vst?

Started by CoolDudeClem, October 09, 2008, 16:49:47

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolDudeClem

Are there any good sid vsti's out there?  I'd like to feature C64-style music in my songs, and even make a vsti "chiptune" or two, but I just cant find a good enough vst to do so.  I've tried QuatraSID, but it's practically impossible to figure out and not free. :( In Unknown64 I have no idea what I'm doing, besides it sounds "sampled" and not emulated, high notes just sound like there sped up samples.  So is there a vsti that has a easy to understand gui, like the ym vst, and emulate the good ol' sid chip sound?  Could I make one in synthedit?  if so, how?  :?
Life brings you great gifts with one hand, and stabs you in the back with the other.

Saga Musix

there is goat tracker, but that's not a VST. as the SID really has to be programmed to create those typical sounds, you will always have to deal with those codes which probably scare you to death. :p another solution would be to use samples. there are plenty of good mods with have decent SID samples.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

Quote from: "Jojo"...which probably scare you to death...
ROFL :lol:
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

CoolDudeClem

Ok, I've been browsing for a couple of hours and I've found Sidmonster, it seems pretty good, I'm trying it out and so far it's met my needs.  here's a link: http://lday.ld.funpic.de/new/sidmonster.htm
Life brings you great gifts with one hand, and stabs you in the back with the other.

LPChip

I made one in Synth edit which gets me C64 sounds, but its not easy to explain, and my plugin isn't finished enough to share it either, but its possible, yeah.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

^^

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Rakib"http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2008/04/11/free-virtual-commodore-64-vst/

How about this one?
There are some good VSTs on that page too!
And I can recommend Odo Unknown 64 and DrSid.
Look for them HERE