MP doesn't save pitch adjustment on sample mapping window???

Started by Species_8472, December 16, 2005, 20:50:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Species_8472

Hi all!

I hope some of you could help me solving this problem:

Using the newest version of Mod Plug, I created an instrument using 4 different samples, all mapped to a different region of the keyboard. Then I had to adjust the pitch of each samples, using the second row of the "sample map" window, in the "instrument" tab. Until there, everything is fine.

I then decided to save and close my project, then I reopened it 5 minutes later. Well here's the problem: All the pitch adjustment I did using the sample map were gone! I tried to redo it just to make sure it wasn't on my side (forgot to save or anything) and it did it again!!!! All the pitch adjustment are gone!

Now I'm sure I'm doing something wrong! Could somebody please help me? It's very important!

Thank you very much!

rewbs

Species 8472

Species 8472

Wait! hum hum...

I just realize that IT work.... it keeps the infos... But is there any way to make it work with XM? I only can work with XM unfortunately...

rewbs

Quote from: "Species 8472"I just realize that IT work.... it keeps the infos... But is there any way to make it work with XM? I only can work with XM unfortunately...

AFAIK this isn't a supported feature of the XM format. I could hack it in but only OpenMPT would understand it.

Species 8472

Well in this case DON'T HACK IT! lol

Thank you for your input Rewbs! But... are you SURE it's not supported by XM? because without this pitch adjustment, the sample mapping is virtually useless, whitch is a shame...

rewbs

I'm not an XM expert but IIRC Fasttracker had no such feature - please correct me if I'm wrong. Only the middle column is useless, mapping different samples to different notes of the instrument works, I think. I should disable the middle one with XM.