LibModPlug

Started by csh, July 10, 2008, 17:46:28

Previous topic - Next topic

csh

Is there a documentation of libmodplug? Why is libmodplug called ModPlug XMMS Plugin, while libmodplug is a module player library?

LPChip

Unfortunatelly, only the tracker went open-source, and therefor, It'll be quite hard to answer technical questions about the player and the plugin.

Maybe someone here knows the answer though...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "csh"Is there a documentation of libmodplug?
Documentation of modplug source? Never heard :)  

Quote from: "csh"Why is libmodplug called ModPlug XMMS Plugin, while libmodplug is a module player library?
I've an impression that ModPlug XMMS Plugin is a plugin for XMMS which uses libmodplug.

Sam_Zen

Never heard of libmodplug. Is this a plugin for the web-browser ?

csh

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"I've an impression that ModPlug XMMS Plugin is a plugin for XMMS which uses libmodplug.

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Never heard of libmodplug. Is this a plugin for the web-browser ?

libmodplug is a C++ library. The lines below are taken from http://modplug-xmms.sourceforge.net/#whatis

QuoteOlivier Lapicque, writer of ModPlug (the BEST mod-like music player out there), sent me his mod rendering code, under the GPL, in early December. Seeing as how the current version of ModPlug for Linux was rather outdated and had no GUI, I took it upon myself to make ModPlug into an XMMS Plugin. For those who don't know, XMMS is a music player for Unix-like operating systems which resembles WinAmp, exept that it looks nicer.

I have only tested this version on Linux ix86, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work on other OS's that support XMMS. So far it is known to work on most, if not all 32-bit platforms.

Some games (especially which use sdl engine) use libmodplug engine for background music and sound effects. Some applications which use libmodplug: xmms, xmms2, mpd (music player daemon). In most of Linux distributions, you can install libmodplug as a package. A web browser plugin can be written by using libmodplug, even better a Windows driver can be written also.

Sam_Zen

Hmm. This looks promising.