How about of game of Round Robin?

Started by Harbinger, April 11, 2008, 04:04:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to participate in the game as it's described below?

Yeah, sounds like fun!
1 (20%)
No, i wouldn't find it fun!
1 (20%)
Maybe, but i'd have to know more...
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: April 25, 2008, 04:21:11

Harbinger

Ok here's an idea. Let's develop a song TOGETHER! Someone starts a song within a given genre (we'll decide later on who picks the genre), with say 4 measures. He passes the MPT track to the next composer, who puts in his or her 4 measures and passes it to the next. Each tracker can add his 4 measures or "Pass" if he doesn't want to add anything or wants the song to "die." The song must abide by the genre and the object is to keep the song "alive" but also sounding good. However, if 3 trackers in a row "pass" the song dies. Each tracker upon accepting his turn has, say 48 hrs to send it to the next.

This is the germ of the idea, but rules can be set up and agreed upon by all who wish to participate. We'll need some guidelines on how to send the song (email?), who is in on the round (perhaps by signing up ahead of time once the genre is given), and how to deal with "the destroyers" (ones who wish to destroy the song by adding bad measures and making it unpleasing). Anyone want to be a part?

LPChip

I've voted no, but for a different reason. I don't have enough time. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Harbinger

Perhaps i should rephrase the question with the assumption that you would find the time....

"If you find it a fun idea" should be the important point here. Actually i can't change the poll question. Are you able to do that LP?