Test builds

Started by Relabsoluness, December 01, 2007, 14:26:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Harbinger

Quick mention for next release... This build (.51) wouldn't start as it needed "winhttp.dll". I will guess this is for accessing the internet sites, and i assume that my setup does not have this .dll (win98SE), especially since i've not connected this computer to the internet.

When there is a "big enough" release in the future, please remove this requirement. If i remember correctly, someone made a special .48 build without this requirement, and it turned out to be VERY helpful. Right now, .48 is fine and relatively stable for my purposes, so there's no big rush....

Saga Musix

http://forum.openmpt.org/index.php?topic=1778.0&highlight=winhttp
you have asked that before :P

Quote from: "changelog"To disable, set CheckForUpdates=0 in mptrack.ini.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

älskling

Does the update check even work?

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "älskling"Does the update check even work?
As far as I know, it works in .48(but doesn't recognise newer builds on purpose), but in builds 49-51 update check is disabled.

Sam_Zen

In the thread Jojo mentioned, MisterX wondered about further supporting of W98.
Next to my main machine I use two laptops, with W98, very frequently, for live and educational purposes.
Afaik every version upto .51 runs fine on them, except the .dll issue at the start. But that's the only hinder so far.

So I don't see any special supporting or compatibility demands in the development so far.

In case any member needs it, I have made the DLL available here.

Saga Musix

well, there's still an issue on win98 in the instrument tab when you have the time indication lines turned on.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

I checked my .ini and CheckforUpdates was indeed set to 0.

Thanks, Zen, for making that .dll available. I'm sure i'll never use it, but if it keeps me with the current version of open MPT, and it's otherwise harmless, i'm all for it.

Quote from: "Jojo"well, there's still an issue on win98 in the instrument tab when you have the time indication lines turned on.

You too? :?  I thought it was just my machine, since i'm running Win98SE on emulation with Mac. I hope that gets addressed, either by defaulting OFF or fixing the graphics glitch (altho i don't what i'd ever use it for).

Saga Musix

It simply doesn't work on any win98 installation. and since i only use win98 for oldskool games, i don't really care.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

i'm not quite sure if this can be called a bug and it'll need further testing, but:

i get the impression that in some certain cases .51 handles sample/vst volume differently than older version do. experienced much lower sample-volumes than it should be while playing some older modules live last weekend.
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"i'm not quite sure if this can be called a bug and it'll need further testing, but:

i get the impression that in some certain cases .51 handles sample/vst volume differently than older version do. experienced much lower sample-volumes than it should be while playing some older modules live last weekend.
If you ask me, certainly a bug if true - and a major one as well. To be investigated - I've also noticed something similar with older mods.

Edit: Results of investigations: For me, the likely cause for the difference was the value of pre-amp setting in sound card setup. The pre-amp value affects only samples, so playing a mod with different pre-amp value can make the VST/sample volume ratio to be wrong. To think of it, this is rather horrible behavior. The RC3 mixmode ignores the setting, however. Please report whether this is the cause in your case as well.

---------------------------------------

Quick bug fix build(1.17.02.52) is available:

[Fix] Shouldn't need winhttp anymore.
[Fix] Fix to faulty plug file existence check.
[Fix]  Sound card-options buffer length value validation.
[Fix] Yet another IT style-playback fix.

Executable hashes:
MD5  : 8f719b62f323c4d407e1703e590e239d
SHA-1: b16bf498f80b5f0833016f7571069b50a1201f53

Saga Musix

thanks for the update, will test it now :)
edit: nice improvements, no dissapointments :)

edit: i also bumped some of the threads with issues fixed in .51 so they can be set to "closed" status.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Jojo"edit: nice improvements, no dissapointments :)
Yet :)

LPChip

I feel confident in trying out build .52, so I downloaded it.

When I start OpenMPT I get the following error:

Title: Tuning readmessages
Type: Info
Buttons: Ok only

OpenMPT does start after that, but I get this errormessage each time.

Do I need to change something in my settings?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "LPChip"Do I need to change something in my settings?
Copy tuning folder from .48 package(or destroy the folder).

LPChip

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"
Quote from: "LPChip"Do I need to change something in my settings?
Copy tuning folder from .48 package(or destroy the folder).

Ah okay.

I did just moved the new mptrack.exe in my old .48 install build after renaming the mptrack.exe to mptrack.48.exe (yes I have about every release in that directory! :D) and then started. I now renamed the tunings directory to tunings.dnu and it works now.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs