Barryvan Compo: Round 6 Begins!

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, March 31, 2008, 06:34:11

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Space Walk has won the first round of the Barryvan Compo. His entry, "The Depth" narrowly beat Nygen Dale and Nahkranoth's tracks. Congratulations, Space Walk! And thanks to all the other entrants, too. There were some really hot entries.

The Barryvan Compo is changing.
I think that a two-month turnaround is just too long. So I've changed it to a month-long compo: two weeks of entries, and two weeks of voting. Once again, entry is open to anyone who's interested for this round. Check it out at http://test.pbc.wa.edu.au/compo. This month's inspiration is a photo taken by Karloskarmi:

You can write whatever you like around this image. (Thanks to Novus for the suggestion to use a photo!)

I hope to see you all there. And once again, congratulations to Space Walk!

Nahkranoth

Man! That's a nice repeat! On this photo I can clearly see some water, and a bunch of jumblies in a sieve :D
And I really like how you changed the look of the site.
Maybe it's not right to say it here but I voted for aGp on 1st place cuz he's the only one who have read (and maybe understood?) the poem right (as for me). Aww, now I'll go babbling about the past. Forgive the old fool :D

bvanoudtshoorn

LOL! I didn't even think about the Jumblies in a Sieve connection! :) Oh well.

Glad you like the new look of the site. :)

aGIANTpupafish

thanks for running the compo - it was fun, may it continue for many years to come :D

i'll try and enter something again this month :)
Quote from: "KrazyKatz"Yah, It reminds me of MAD magazine where the farm guys are playing music on a broom with string, a clothes cleaner, a jug until the angry house wife comes and takes all her cleaning stuff.

älskling

I think all entries were number one!

Sam_Zen

A picture, nice. I copied the big version. I'll see what I can do.

bvanoudtshoorn

Excellent, thanks everyone. :) I look forward to the entries from here. :)

bvanoudtshoorn

CLARIFICATION: Anyone is free to enter the compo. You do not have to have voted, entered, sent me money, danced the polka, stroked my hair, or given me a footrub to enter. Anyone can enter.

LPChip

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"CLARIFICATION: Anyone is free to enter the compo. You do not have to have voted, entered, sent me money, danced the polka, stroked my hair, or given me a footrub to enter. Anyone can enter.

Who stroked your hair? :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Novus

Quote from: "LPChip"Who stroked your hair? :nuts:

That was me. I mis-read the rules, and Barry felt guilty about it afterwards. Hence the clarification.
And no, I'm not back, whatever the hell "back" means. :)
novusmusic.org

bvanoudtshoorn

Quote from: "Novus"
Quote from: "LPChip"Who stroked your hair? :nuts:

That was me. I mis-read the rules, and Barry felt guilty about it afterwards. Hence the clarification.

Yeah. Although I must admit, Novus is a pretty good hair-stroker. My underarms never felt so good!

Novus

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Yeah. Although I must admit, Novus is a pretty good hair-stroker. My underarms never felt so good!

Wait... that was your ARMPIT hair? :shock:
And no, I'm not back, whatever the hell "back" means. :)
novusmusic.org

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

UPDATE: There are now only two days left to enter! Get your entries in!

bvanoudtshoorn

Voting is open!

Three very, very different tracks are competing for your votes in this round:

- Sam_Zen's sounds derived from the bitmap;
- Space Walk's Secrets of Maya; and
- aGp's No Way Back.

Download 'em by using the links above, or head over to the voting page and read what the artists have to say about them, then cast your vote!

It's sure to be a close competition, so make your vote count!