.43 Kontakt2 throws exception

Started by shableep, July 13, 2006, 01:21:52

Previous topic - Next topic

shableep

hey. so, i'm running mpt 1.17.02.28 (1.17RC2). i loaded up Kontakt2 VST into an instrument. then loaded a 150meg sample library into Kontakt2, closed the VST window and hit a note on the keyboard. no sound comes out and i get this message:

QuoteThe plugin Kontakt2 threw an exception in processReplaceing. It has automatically been set to "Bypass".

this has happened in all previous versions and with multiple different sample libraries. sounds really similar to the Sample tank 2.1 problem.

any help would be awesome. thanks!

shableep

by the way, just tried the 1.17.02.43. got the same error =\

LPChip

Have you tried setting different resampling options and such?

There are plugins that crash if you play them at 96000hz, but works fine if you play them at 48000hz.

Also, Is that the latest version of the plugin?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

I believe Kontakt2 comes with 8 output and 16 output versions (separate dll files). Could you try those?

LPChip

Due to the lack of answers from the post opener, I'm closing this bug. If its not fixed in any way, feel free to reply, so we can reopen it.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

I've just got Kontakt2, and I'm also having trouble with it. I've tried what suggestions there are in this thread, but nothing helps... Basically, after I load the plugin and try to send events to it, it gets set to Bypass (as described before). However, clicking any of the "Stop" buttons kills mpt entirely - I have to terminate the process!

I can quite happily bring up the plugin interface and fiddle with it, though. But using the plugin's keyboard also doesn't work. =(

I've tried loading Kontakt up in another VST host that I have (the pretty dodgy and useless CM Studio), and it flat out refuses to register it.

bvanoudtshoorn

I've just had an idea of how to maybe get buggy vsts like kontakt2 to work (because it must be the vsts that are buggy, not mpt =P) - wrapping them in a chainer. I'd like to try, but unfortunately, I haven't got any chainers. Can anyone recommend one for me to try (that's free?) If there's an opensource one, maybe the developers could peek under its hood and see how it handles everything...

LPChip

Assuming you just want to test if it works, Xlutop Chainer has a demo version where everything but loading and saving presets work. I found it to be a very good plugin which definatelly is worth its money.

bvanoudtshoorn

Success! Thanks, LPChip! You wouldn't believe how wonderful that sounds... Only two problems.

• I'm having trouble sending different midi channels to Kontakt

• My workaround: lots and lots of chainers each holding Kontakt
  • I now have to buy this chainer... =)
Although this workaround works, I think it's still important that openmpt addresses all of the issues associated with plugins like Kontakt. Really, they should work out of the box... =)[/list]

bvanoudtshoorn

Shwee! Kontakt works without Chainer! :D YAY yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay! :) :) Thanks!

In short: resolved (AFAIK).