.45 problem setting buffer length under 10ms

Started by Snu, October 31, 2006, 22:31:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Snu

if you try to set buffer length under 10ms in the settings dialog it will automatically set it to 100ms.
its still possible to change it to under 10ms by editing the config file however, and mpt seems quite capable of playing songs at low buffer lengths.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Setting the buffer length below 10 should no longer be possible even from INI file, so if, despite all efforts, the buffer can't be set < 10 ms, then things work as intended.

Saga Musix

Ah, i thought that it will be accepted. But shouldn't it rather be set to 10 instead of 100 if you set it to e.g. 5?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Snu

this bug still exists, it still sets the buffer to 100ms.
being able to set it lower in the ini file wasnt the bug, in fact it seemed to work perfectly fine, and was a desirable feature.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Snu"this bug still exists, it still sets the buffer to 100ms.
being able to set it lower in the ini file wasnt the bug, in fact it seemed to work perfectly fine, and was a desirable feature.
One reason why things seemed to work perfectly fine is that even though the setup shows that the buffer is < 10 ms, actually what is used at least in some parts of the process is 10 ms. Thus I found it better to restrict setting it below 10 ms for now.

Snu

regardless tho, the bug of it randomly setting the buffer length to 100 still remains, so this topic should be reopened