.47 MOD => IT - Finetune is lost!

Started by Saga Musix, May 23, 2007, 22:10:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.2.47

Description of the bug:
If you convert a MOD file to IT, the fine tuning of the samples is lost. Instead, every sample is reset to 8363hz.

How often does it happen?:
Whenever there are finetuned samples in MOD files.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
Just load a MOD file that has samples with differene finetune options (you can see that box at the same place where the frequency box is in IT mode) and convert it to IT - you'll notice that everything is out of tune.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

Detuning seems to be gone, but if you convert MODs to ITs, they seem to be pitched a little higher than before. i don't know, but is the standard mod frequency 8192 or somethign like that?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Jojo"Detuning seems to be gone, but if you convert MODs to ITs, they seem to be pitched a little higher than before. i don't know, but is the standard mod frequency 8127 or somethign like that?
I think it is 8363. Indeed the pitch gets higher a bit; that seems to happen even in 1.16 when converting MOD to XM.

Saga Musix

ah right, it always pitched up a bit...