.50 MOD load bug

Started by Saga Musix, February 17, 2008, 15:09:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.50

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): (This option is optional, and doesn't need research. But in case you know...)
yes, but not tested which

Description of the bug:
If you changed a generic MOD file (f.e. changing just a sample), you will get this error message with some of them:

How often does it happen?:
Only with certain modules, for example this one.
You either have to fix the mod saver or suppress this message (i'd do the latter one :D)

How to reproduce (step by step description):
change the mod, wait until autosave and see some message boxes :D

Edit: Moved to the issue tracker: http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=24
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

If the reason for the warning is proper, what's the bug :)   And also, it's not even directly autosave related - the warning can be generated also with ordinary save.

Saga Musix

Well... do you know how annoying it is to get 10 Message Boxes every minute? I didn't change anything in the pattern order or whatsoever, so the module is in fact valid!
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Jojo"Well... do you know how annoying it is to get 10 Message Boxes every minute?
No, but can imagine. Anyway, the warning is correct in the sense that saving indeed drops a pattern: in the example file the max pattern value in the sequence is 20 but there also exists pattern 21 which is not present in the sequence. The reason for the extra pattern seems to be in bug in the mod loading, but the warning message can be avoided for example by adding pattern 21 to the sequence.

I reopened the report and changed the title from
".50 MOD Autosave error (msgbox pops up)"
to
".50 MOD load bug"