SEARCH the forum BEFORE posting a question!!!

Started by BooT-SectoR-ViruZ, November 24, 2005, 17:34:51

Previous topic - Next topic

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

i'm getting REALLY annoyed by now...

every two days there are topics about "how to control vst" or "i want to use mp3-samples"

PLEASE browse the forum first or SEARCH for keywords
http://lpchip.com/modplug/search.php

developers (and betatesters) could do things much more useful
than answering the same questions over and over again

thanks
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

LPChip

Nicelly said.

Yeah... We have our hands full for other usefull stuff, so please search first. I doubt they'll read this BEFORE they post anyway... :(
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

How about making a registration step, that requires them to read a rules policy, and add that to the rules :)
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"How about making a registration step, that requires them to read a rules policy, and add that to the rules :)

Possible, but not for this forum. When the new site is ready, registration will be required again in order to participate in anything. I have disabled the need for registration on this board so that the "gap" to post and become part of the community is gone. This is one of the things that keeps away users, but sometimes is required in order to keep things as they should be.

Since I'm busy making the new system, and I'm less concerned about how things go here, (made rewbs and misterX admin for a reason) I've left these for unregistered. If it seems to be messy, its just a simple click to add registration requirements in order to post/read/both.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

tvdude

I'll be more thorough before I post next time.
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"How about making a registration step, that requires them to read a rules policy, and add that to the rules :)

i think it might do for the beginning to just make this topic "sticky" ;)

LPChip

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"

i think it might do for the beginning to just make this topic "sticky" ;)

Done ;)

Randilyn

If you're going to be asking people to do this, then please turn off pruning.  I've already seen several topics get lost to the pruning, when I tried to search for them they don't come up (unlike IPB, phpBB 2.x flat out deletes the topics, instead of just hiding them where they can still be searched).

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

yeah, we should definitely turn of pruning for threads that have replies

speed-goddamn-focus

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ