controling vsti's

Started by tvdude, November 24, 2005, 01:09:13

Previous topic - Next topic

tvdude

Heya everyone.  How can I control the volume of a vsti within a channel?  If it means assigning macros, I'm way lost on how to do that, even though I've read a few things on it.  I'm not a technical wiz, so moron level instruction would be appreciated.  Also, once I find a site that will allow me to upload some music without navigating a maze, I'll post some so I can get some feedback.  Any suggestions?
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

LPChip

Your best guess is using the wet/dry slider of the plugin, and control it using Zxx

I can't tell you how you can do that, as I'm not really into macro's. I can use them but can't explain from my head. Someone that can will probably tell you.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

tvdude, I'll write up something on using macros after work, and maybe something more general about VSTi volumes. Sounds like a good excuse to finally start a FAQ.

Rakib

how about making videos on how to use vst properly?
^^

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

hahaha  :lol:

1. load VST-Instrument to FX-slot 1

2. associate instrument with VSTi

3. select a parameter for the macro

4. write macro (Z00-Z7F)

have fun
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

tvdude

Thanks again for your help and quick responses, your info was great.  Stupid me should have thought to take a look at the release notes before I posted, but the extra screen shots helped a great deal.  I'm starting to get the hang of it..... Whooo hooooo....gee...and I've only been tracking a year and a half...why, say, someday, maybe I'll learn to use these new fangled things called com..pute..rrrrrsssss
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

aleksanteri

:D  I try to use Zxx macros but I simply can't! There is no solo place for the macros in the module that I've been doing for the last 3 weeks!  ::)

Actually, I use Zxx just for controlling treble/bass or wet/dry, that's really good for solo ones...

Well, those screenies look far more different that I have, maybe it's that I have the old version, open source doesn't work for me!

And I just found out (actually 2 weeks to be accurate) that you can change colours! When I looked at the setup, I didn't notice the "Colours" tab... dummy me!  :x
Aleksanteri
[color=red]
Tracking Forums
Module Database[/color]

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "aleksanteri"Well, those screenies look far more different that I have, maybe it's that I have the old version, open source doesn't work for me!

I don't think the original versions supported VSTi macros. Why don't you upgrade, what's wrong with open source?
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

aleksanteri

Yeah, well, that was long time ago! I should download the one. And my old version doesn't have the VSTI support effects, just the original ones (echo, flanger, reverb etc...) and blank of course  :lol:

And if it wasn't the wet/dry macro then it was some other macro. I'll soon post a example of the macro I use.

Edited by aleksanteri at 1:34 pm
Oh, and my signature's URL and avatar now works!
Aleksanteri
[color=red]
Tracking Forums
Module Database[/color]

Randilyn

I just recently upgraded myself.  At first, I didn't use the Open Source versions at all, because the reverb engine seemed to crash alot more during playback... but after I started using VSTi's for reverb instead of ModPlug itself, everything worked great.  I'm really enjoying the new features in the last few releases.

aleksanteri

And what about me :?:

It works perfect!
Aleksanteri
[color=red]
Tracking Forums
Module Database[/color]

aleksanteri

Hey hey hey! Where are the VSTI effects? I STILL have the original ones? Where could be the *.dll?

http://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/aleksanteri2005/plugin.bmp

Oh, and btw I made an ambient tune using the OpenSource version...
http://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/aleksanteri2005/farewell.it
Aleksanteri
[color=red]
Tracking Forums
Module Database[/color]

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "aleksanteri"Hey hey hey! Where are the VSTI effects? I STILL have the original ones? Where could be the *.dll?

http://kotisivu.mtv3.fi/aleksanteri2005/plugin.bmp

they are not included, try searching http://www.kvraudio.com/
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Rakib

but you have to manually add the vst files, *.dll files to talked about and assign to by directing modplug where the vst lies on your harddrive.
^^

aleksanteri

I think that's pretty easy!  :D
Aleksanteri
[color=red]
Tracking Forums
Module Database[/color]