Good IT drum kit?

Started by X'arnor, October 17, 2007, 03:07:16

Previous topic - Next topic

X'arnor

Can anyone tell me where to get a really good drum kit to use in ModPlug Tracker? And maybe some good metal guitar samples also..... :D
Hey, if you don't like it, go to Russia!

bvanoudtshoorn

Dictator

http://sagamusix.de/?page=samples
That page contains The TR-8o8 drum set and The TR-9o9 drum set. Both are loaded to MPT as a single instrument.

There has been multiple threads about electric guitars. You should get a normal, clean electric guitar sample (check http://www.kiarchive.ru/pub/misc/sounds/samples/) and use amplifier VST on it, like FreeAmp, Voxengo Boogex or G-amp classic (I haven't found any download for g-amp classic, someone knows one?). I have been trying to achieve a good heavy metal sound but it seems to be quite hard.

Saga Musix

Thanks for linking to my site, Dictator :)

I'd say that there is no "good drum kit" at all. You always have to mix your drums and not every drum kit fits in every style. For example, you shouldn't write Jazz music with the TR-909 set :) However, there are really good drum kits available in the TMA Waveworld (Torrent client needed).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

X'arnor

sorry for not being specific, I will check out your suggestions. I'm looking for some heavy metal drums. Yeah, but thanks anyway!

bvanoudtshoorn

Try downloading the demo of Native Instruments Battery3. It's got some awesome drum kits...

PPH

There used to be the mdk drum kit. It was free and everything. But I haven't found it in the web. I have them, though.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

X'arnor

sweet! can you email it to <email removed for spam reasons>?

LPChip

Quote from: "X'arnor"sweet! can you email it to <email removed for spam reasons>?

Download link is in this topic ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

älskling

it´s around 30MB so I can't really mail it. The link works but it's slow.

Saga Musix

i guess a mod / admin should remove this e-mail address. You don't want even more spam, X'arnor, don't you? ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"i guess a mod / admin should remove this e-mail address. You don't want even more spam, X'arnor, don't you? ;)

Good thinking. Done..
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs