[DUPE] Group channels

Started by Waxhead, September 22, 2006, 18:09:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

2 le_parasite
This already can be done. In the pattern view one make any combination of muted and unmuted channels before a "save as wave".

le_parasite

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"2 le_parasite
This already can be done. In the pattern view one make any combination of muted and unmuted channels before a "save as wave".

I know that, this is how I proceed normaly, but it's not easy when you have several groups and you can't launch the "save as wav function" in a batch processing way, you have to redo the operation for each group and regarding  to the time that saving as wav takes when there are numerous VSTs, I think it can be a real ergonomic improvement.
L∑ PДRДSiT∑______________________________________
I ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ I ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ I sᴏᴜɴᴅᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ I ʙᴀɴᴅᴄᴀᴍᴘ

bvanoudtshoorn

Any movement on this request? I still think that it'll be one of the features that really sets mpt apart (and makes it a more productive tool) if it gets done...

Waxhead

I don't think this should be "to hard" because it seems that most of the required "subtools" are already present in the channel manager... but as always with programs it might be harder than it seems ;)

Waxhead

It's been a while since I last posted here. Just checking status for this request. It seems like many people thinks this might be a good idea so how about it ;) . I know it might be a lot of work but as said earlier the channel manager seems to be a good base for implementing at least the basic concept IMHO. ;)

Sam_Zen

Because it could be a lot of work, maybe it's an opportunity to approach this in a broader sense, and focus on a revision of the whole channel manager dialog.

Waxhead

Well it's been well over a year since the last post was made for this request. It seemed to be a quite popular so maybe it's time to throw a bit more fuel on the fire to see what happens ;)