Waves bundle

Started by Modplugger, June 23, 2007, 22:02:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Modplugger

can anybody use the waves bundle in modplug?
So yeah, how ? Help out please with this one thxxx

Waves Diamond Bundle

LPChip

Not directly.

You could try it through a chainer. For me personally that bundle was waaaaay too expensive for me, especially the diamond bundle.

So either you have alot of money, or did got it illegaly. (My guess would be the last one :P)

Note that there are great alternatives for Waves that are cheaper or even free.

Yep, for instance Electri-Q has a posifopit edition which I'd say is better than Waves's parametric EQ. It gets the same sound quality, only a bit warmer in sound, but I find that a plus really... and more options to choose from.

And so there are other plugins to replace the others.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Modplugger

Ok thanks but is it a good mastering plug in?

Cause waves has some good stuff like the L3 L2 and more you know them.

What's a chainer?

And i went to a studio and took my pc with me and they had waves there
but modplug says (helll no) At least one selected file was not a valid plugin.

And everytime i start mP erro comes up could not find any Waves plugins.
please reinstalll .....

LPChip

waves is a good series of plugins, but indeed, you cannot use it in OpenMPT.

The best way around this for that studio, is to do an export to wav, and check channel export. They can then load all those waves in their sequences, and do it with their own software.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Modplugger

oke thxx

Another question...

i want to use a standaard compressor of MP on a vst is this possible.?

I cant get it to work....

le_parasite

Quote from: "LPChip"waves is a good series of plugins, but indeed, you cannot use it in OpenMPT.

it works fine with a chainer, like TC spark FX.
L2 could be a high quality clipping guardian, with a high fidelity render.
L3 gives some weird results with wide stereo range modules...
L∑ PДRДSiT∑______________________________________
I ғᴀᴄᴇʙᴏᴏᴋ I ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ I sᴏᴜɴᴅᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ I ʙᴀɴᴅᴄᴀᴍᴘ

LPChip

Quote from: "Modplugger"oke thxx

Another question...

i want to use a standaard compressor of MP on a vst is this possible.?

I cant get it to work....

Let me rephrase what you've asked in order to make sure that we both mean the same thing. :)

You have a vst effect, and you'd like to add OpenMPT's compressor as second effect, right?

In the effects list, choose an empty effects slot (with a higher number than your other effect) and load in the compressor.

Example:

FX6 = your VST
FX7 or higher will get the compressor.

Then, select your VST from the list (in the example FX6) and on the bottom right, set its output from Master to the slot you've put the compressor in (in the example FX7).

If you want to know a good compressor VST, then I suggest Buzzcomp Compressor suite. Its a free set of 6 different kind of compressors. I found them to be one of the best free compressors. No noise etc. Only downside is that they don't have an intuitive interface like most modern compressor suites, but if you know how a compressor works, then its not a problem. (besides, tuning on ear is one of the ways to work with them anyway :))

Modplugger

Thx Both of you ,but still it doesnt work  the chainer works gets all the plugin but doesnt do anything..

i can see the volume bar going up and down but is doesnt change the sound.

//www.railexbeatz.com/opMP.JPG

hope you can help me out..

LPChip

I see that you've used FX slot 18 for this case which makes me questioning if you're using more VST(i)'s.

I bet you're doing that, and since I don't see other effects on your  channels (even though I can only see 1 to 4) I bet that you've set alot of effects on the instrument itself.

If this the case, then thats your reason for not getting it to work.

You cannot both use an effect on an instrument AND on a channel. Its either or, where the instrument has a higher priority.

You can deal with this by either checking the master (which means: apply to everything) or find what instrument is using what FX slot, and set output-> to fx 18, so you route it to the chainer.

Small note: I hope you realise that using illegal VST effects is as dangarous as in using illegal software, but since you could become popular with your music, the chance of being caught is being raised. In addition, being caught will mean that you'll have to pay a fine that most likelly will be above of what you can pay. (depending on what they find, it can easilly run from $300.000 upto $2.000.000

Modplugger

Quote from: "LPChip"I see that you've used FX slot 18 for this case which makes me questioning if you're using more VST(i)'s.

I bet you're doing that, and since I don't see other effects on your  channels (even though I can only see 1 to 4) I bet that you've set alot of effects on the instrument itself.

If this the case, then thats your reason for not getting it to work.

You cannot both use an effect on an instrument AND on a channel. Its either or, where the instrument has a higher priority.

You can deal with this by either checking the master (which means: apply to everything) or find what instrument is using what FX slot, and set output-> to fx 18, so you route it to the chainer.

Small note: I hope you realise that using illegal VST effects is as dangarous as in using illegal software, but since you could become popular with your music, the chance of being caught is being raised. In addition, being caught will mean that you'll have to pay a fine that most likelly will be above of what you can pay. (depending on what they find, it can easilly run from $300.000 upto $2.000.000

Thx for the warning....

Oke i took 2 vst instruments  1 is a synth and the other is the chainer
i left fx 1 open and put the synth on fx 2 and the chainer on fx 3

if select the empty fx1 the i can select "output to" and choose the chainer,that goes well but i only ssee the effect is coming in and it playes but i dont har the effect.

I hope you understand my english a little

anboi

try the vb ffx4 chainer plugin or another directx wrapper vst and see if those work. i know vb_ffx4 works but their site seems to be down.

Modplugger

Quote from: "anboi"try the vb ffx4 chainer plugin or another directx wrapper vst and see if those work. i know vb_ffx4 works but their site seems to be down.
Thcx man i found it butits a demo...
And it workssss   Thxxx