[COMPO] The MODPlug Tracker Compo 2007

Started by LPChip, January 09, 2007, 19:29:04

Previous topic - Next topic

georg

Yeah. All the damn techniques i have in my inventory still can't help me make good noise. Damn those techniques to hell, talent would be a nicer thing to have.

I have not discovered anything new, but i have dug deeper into various techniques of arranging and layering samples, as well as some uses of panning and spacing and filtering without plugins. Most of the "digging" was not preserved in the final cut of course, but i liked this compo and working on my entry right from the moment i heard the samples. I really wen't to town with the project and i'm dissapointed the result wasn't better. Then again the really really final master is going to sound nothing like this version cos i'll do more work and use plugins as well.
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

LPChip

Quote from: "georg"Then again the really really final master is going to sound nothing like this version cos i'll do more work and use plugins as well.

Cool. Please share it when its done. :) I'm curious to see how much you can actually improve the version using plugins and such, and it can prove how valuable these plugins are :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Talking about a final master. I've not used plugins, but the end production of Scattered Flow can be found here

verano

so I have to wait for the next year for a new compo :(

LPChip

Quote from: "verano"so I have to wait for the next year for a new compo :(

Not for a new compo, but for a compo that uses the same rules and kind of samplepack.

I have plans for another compo, but I'm too busy at the moment to carry it out.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

xaimus

Congratulations, Waxhead!  Your song is great.

CrazyAznGamer I love you forever

I worked on the first two patterns of my song shortly after the compo was announced.  I wrote the rest of it in two hours before the songs were due while drunk.
don't drink and track

Quote from: "georg"I have not discovered anything new, but i have dug deeper into various techniques of arranging and layering samples, as well as some uses of panning and spacing and filtering without plugins.
You should join more #mod_shrine OHCs, man.

georg

And loose what little credibility of being an able and acomplished tracker i have??!

I think not. OTOH, OHCs taste almost as good as PIE!!! So yeah, i'll be there.
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((