"volume" for VST effects..?

Started by josecm, February 12, 2007, 23:03:15

Previous topic - Next topic

josecm

sorry, perhaps sometimes i don?t talk correctly in english (if i am tired i blend the words and the ideas :? )

exactly i want to use the same control that are in "general" in "effects plugins" (bottom-right of the screen), that sets the "wet/dry" proportion of the effect.

i want to use it but i want to apply less "wet/dry" proportion to the Batery sample (by example) and more proportion to the piano.

LPChip

Why not just set the volume per note?

Eg:

C-4 01 v27 .00 Sets the volume to 27 for this note.

And if you use samples, you can even set the volume slider in the general tab per channel. If you use VSTi's (a question you still didn't answered) then you can use the volume per note as described above.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

josecm

Quote from: "LPChip"If you use VSTi's (a question you still didn't answered) then you can use the volume per note as described above.
VSTi's are instruments VST, yes? i don?t use it.

i only use (for now) samples. i?m using a "reverb" VST effect.

LPChip

Quote from: "josecm"
Quote from: "LPChip"If you use VSTi's (a question you still didn't answered) then you can use the volume per note as described above.
VSTi's are instruments VST, yes? i don?t use it.

i only use (for now) samples. i?m using a "reverb" VST effect.

So, you want to change the amount of reverb on several channels right?

In such cases, its much easier to just use several instances for different instruments (not necessarilly channels) Remember, you can assign a plugin to a channel, but also to an instrument in the instrument tab. (not both though, atleast it can be, but the instrument one will have priority over the channel one).

If you do more reverb plugins over different channels, and configure each, you don't even need to alter them in your song.

If your computer is not really slow (eg. 1000mhz or slower) but using the reverb makes it slower, then it can very well be that your reverb plugin is a bad one, eg. consuming unnecessary much power)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

josecm

i understand, i will try it  :wink: