.45 No warning on plugins if you reinstall windows

Started by LPChip, February 18, 2007, 19:34:56

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.045

Description of the bug:
Reinstalled windows, and copied only mpt. I did changed the paths but not even copied the vst's yet. I then loaded a song I made earlier with plugins from a removable harddisk. The song loads fine, no warning is seen during load about plugins that it can't find. I then hit play, and no sound obviously. I then checked in the general tab. Plugin is in the slot, but edit button is grayed out. I press add plugin, and all plugins are in the list as I had them. I can change the plugin to another one without problems. Not even an error that the plugin couldn't be found. Edit button remains grayed.

How often does it happen?:
n/a

How to reproduce (step by step description):
This one is a bit theoretical. I assume that adding a plugin to the db, then make a song with it, save it, close mpt then remove vst and reopen mpt would give the same result, but as I said its a theoretical solution.

Real way would be to install vista change paths and copy only the tracker, as mentioned above. I am not really sure if this is a bug that comes with Vista, but I will see if the same happens from my other XP install (uses same data partition as vista setup, so that can be easilly checked out.)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.