MIDI Macros

Started by ImagineAZ, January 09, 2007, 21:52:24

Previous topic - Next topic

ImagineAZ

Hey Everybody,

I watched the Zxx tutorial at the Wiki, and I have a question about it.

The user put Z00 in the first line after SF1 in the effects column of his/her pattern editor.  Then several lines later, he/she put Z7F.  So far, no problem.

Then, every line between those 2 lines was magically filled with equally-spaced hex numbers between 00 and 7F.

Is it possible to make a cc parameter slide, or was the tutorial just a time-lapsed clip, when the user actually had typed in every hex number manually?

Thanks for any help.

Imagine

LPChip

There's a command in the right-click menu called interpolate effect.

Make a selection, use it, and see a miracle being done for you. :)

Same can be done with volume ;)

EDIT: Please note that using \ in the beta version also allows you to smoothly transit between the values. Zxx will give you some rough result which can make it so that you hear each transition. Replacing the Z for a \ will smooth it out to unhearable. You can even combine the two. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

ImagineAZ

Woohoo!  Thanks :)

What do I have to select?  So far, no matter what I select, the interpolate commands are ghosted.

Thanks.

SoundCrafter

The min and max range, and the space in betweeen. I.E., like me, if you have a Z00 at Row 0, and a Z7F at Row 63, select the entire column, with NO OTHER Zxx EFFECTS IN BETWEEN (Unfortunately...), and select interpolate effect...

No one ever got around to my extrapolate effect request....bugger.
---Formerly known as ---DjBj---. changed names for lots of reasons.
BooT-SectoR-ViruZ is the new Skaven and the whole world'z goin' to Hell.
Lowpass filter! Perform a generic type of dodge!!! :lol:
Everyone should get on this forum's chatroom RIGHT NOW...still not sure why, though.

ImagineAZ

Thanks to both of you.  Got it working :)

speed-goddamn-focus

Just for reference, while it's possible to do it the way described here, I used actual magic for the tutorial.

LPChip

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"Just for reference, while it's possible to do it the way described here, I used actual magic for the tutorial.

LMAO, yeah right... I bet your computer is just so slow that your screen didn't updated while you were entering the commands, so it "magically" appeared. :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "LPChip"There's a command in the right-click menu called interpolate effect.

mouse based editing.. awfull ;)

i prefer strg+x / strg+i
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

LPChip

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"
Quote from: "LPChip"There's a command in the right-click menu called interpolate effect.

mouse based editing.. awfull ;)

i prefer strg+x / strg+i

I use CTRL-K and CTRL-Z but since the shortcut keys depends on the keyconfig file, this answer seemed the easiest one ;)

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

though x and i were 1.16 standard ;)
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

LPChip

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"though x and i were 1.16 standard ;)

Maybe yes, but I'm using the Impulse Tracker config that you can get in the RC2 package. :)