save mp3

Started by Modplugger, October 12, 2008, 07:36:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Modplugger

mpt chrases after saving as mp3... What can i do to solf this

Version 1.17.02.48

LPChip

Does it shows you some progress before it crashes, or do you click export as mp3 and instantly it crashes?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Modplugger

Quote from: "LPChip"Does it shows you some progress before it crashes, or do you click export as mp3 and instantly it crashes?

YEs ,i get the mp3 file but when i open  an new song or want to play the same song agian ..it crashes...

Really Weird Person

You are better off than me then. That is assuming that the MP3 is actually made. My "Save MP3" menu item is completely disabled, so I have been converting the songs into wave files, but that is kind of annoying because I just recently converted the wave files, but it was to WMA (which I am kind of surprised that Modplug Tracker does not play). I have a player that is nice because it allows pitch changing (which Modplug Tracker does not [easily] do). Unfortunately, the other [non-Modplug Tracker] player does not play WMA files very well. When I play them, it gets to a certain spot, then stops. It does not do that with wave files or MP3s though. Another thing that I noticed about the wave conversions is that it [appears to] stop once the file size reaches 2GB, not once the song length is 59:43 (or whatever it ends up being).

uncloned

do you have the lame dll available to MPT?

Really Weird Person

I copied the file into Modplug Tracker's folder and the option is now available. There is one thing that is weird. I tried two shortcut combinations for the Save as MP3 option, but they did not work. I have one for Save as Wav as well, and that one works. Perhaps the lack of workingness for Save as MP3's shortcut is a bug. And the verdict for the conversion working is (drum rolls) It worked! I am curious about something though. I wonder if the executable is for converting wave files to MP3s. If so, then I can use that as a solution to my song length problem.

uncloned

Try googling lame encoder and see if the info there helps.

Really Weird Person

I tried the conversion thing and it worked as well. The format is as such. [in Command Prompt]
cd [path of lame.exe goes here] [Enter]
lame [filename.wav] [filename.mp3]
Watch as your wave file is reduced in size (and possibly quality, depending on how your wave was encoded)!

uncloned

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"Another thing that I noticed about the wave conversions is that it [appears to] stop once the file size reaches 2GB, not once the song length is 59:43 (or whatever it ends up being).

if you are using a disk with fat 32 there is maximum file size.

I can't remember if it is 2 or 4 gig.  just looked it up - it is supposed to be 4..

using a NTFS file system gets beyond that limit.

you can convert existing FAT 32 file systems to NTFS without reformatting.

Saga Musix

depending on the app, it will be 2gb (signed values...)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

My hard drive is split into two partitions, both of which use the NTFS file system. Perhaps it is a problem with the codec that Modplug Tracker uses, perhaps it is a problem with the 32-bit OS. I am not sure. I think that I heard that Windows can open files that are a max of 2GB. Perhaps that is changed on the 64-bit operating systems.