Making Modplug Tracker Similar to Excel (Name Box)

Started by Really Weird Person, December 02, 2006, 01:49:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like this idea?

It is a great idea!
1 (16.7%)
It is a dumb idea!
4 (66.7%)
I am not sure.
0 (0%)
What is a name box?
1 (16.7%)
What are ordered pairs?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: December 02, 2006, 01:49:11

Really Weird Person

I have already posted this I believe, but I do not remember how I worded the last one, and I am sure it would probably take me a long time to find it anyway. Here is an idea (that will probably never be implimented) for you. Make a name box. In the name box the user could enter in ordered pairs (x,y). The x represents the column (channel) number (1 - 128) and the y represents the row number (1 - x (the x representing the maximum number of rows (hopefully more than 1,024 by the next release (if there is one)).
Possible ordered pairs as of current releases ((1,0) - (128,1,024)) (or (1,0) - (127,1,024) with the new, degraded version). Here is another thing to keep in mind, 128 is binarily nice, but 127 is not. Binarily? What does that mean? I think that I just made that word up. It looks and sounds weird, odd, wodd, odd, weird. I guess that you do not even have to start the rows at one to do ordered pairs, but I recommend it.

Reenen

Again you worded it not clearly enough.  What is this box supposed to do?

0 - 127 is pretty much the same as 1 - 128.

LPChip

He means that instead of posting it in the grid, you assign a note to coordinates.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

DMNXS

From MST3K episode "Pod People":
   [Tommy shows Trumpy how to work a jigsaw puzzle.]
   Tommy: You see? The pieces go together.
   Joel: Oh, if only this film were so lucky.

Really Weird Person

It is kind of weird, isn't it? But hey, I am weird. How many people do you know that go around and say wodd, wange, wabnormal... on a daily basis?

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

Exactly. Here is something weird for you if you would like to see even more weirdness.

http://www.homestarrunner.com