Modplug has an IRC channel again!

Started by LPChip, September 17, 2007, 13:08:28

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

We already had #modplug at an efnet server, but unfortunatelly, that server is set so the first person who comes has OP. Due to a bot, we lost operator status in that channel, and kind of abandoned the channel.

I've now registered a new IRC channel at espernet which allows me to regain operator status when I connect to that channel, but even better, it allows me to hand out OP status to different people, even when I'm not there.

Since Miko helped me setting this up (and he kept #modplug free for us all these years) I made him OP.

If you have an IRC client, feel free to join the channel from time to time.

If it helps, its on the same server as #Modarchive! :)

If you don't have an IRC client, you can download mIRC or Miranda IM which both have IRC support. There are more clients, but I have experience with both. :)

btw: Miranda IM is a good replacement for your msn/icq/yahoo messenger. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

mikosoft

I hope to see some traffic in there! :D
Believe in Him and be free.

Saga Musix

<-- has it on his autojoin list now :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"<-- has it on his autojoin list now :)

Oh, that was you!!!

It sounded so familiar! Now I know why. :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Was it really that hard? I mean, my Website URL, my Avatar... :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: "Jojo"Was it really that hard? I mean, my Website URL, my Avatar... :P

Now you tell me!!! :nuts:

Snu

hey, the bot in the efnet chan was perfectly fine, i ran it in fact... just noone ever came there except miko and i.
anyway, if people actually come to the espernet one ill hang out there.

btw, mirandi im sucks -_-
use gaim, tho it sucks for irc also.
(er, make that 'pidgin', still weird to get used to the name change)

LPChip

You were TMbba?

We were wondering who it was, because the channel on efnet lost operator status.

Anyway, with the espernet channel, we now have registered channel capabilities. This means that I can set anyone operator, even if the channel is empty, and also if someone enters when the channel is empty, and I come in, I can remove that person's OP status to regain the channel.

I gave Miko the same rights, and obviously if Rewbs and Sam_Zen wants, I can apply that to them too.

More operators are currently not needed, but if the channel becomes more crowded, I certainly can see who can become OP. :)

Snu

Quote from: "LPChip"You were TMbba?

We were wondering who it was, because the channel on efnet lost operator status.

Anyway, with the espernet channel, we now have registered channel capabilities. This means that I can set anyone operator, even if the channel is empty, and also if someone enters when the channel is empty, and I come in, I can remove that person's OP status to regain the channel.

I gave Miko the same rights, and obviously if Rewbs and Sam_Zen wants, I can apply that to them too.

More operators are currently not needed, but if the channel becomes more crowded, I certainly can see who can become OP. :)

tmabby? no, that is the modarchive bot tho, idles there to give info on ohcs.
i thought you were referring to the other bot... which actually no longer exists anyway.

Saga Musix

modarchive's bot's name is TMAnna... :D
but espernet is the bestest net, so we should stay there... :D

Snu

Quote from: "Jojo"modarchive's bot's name is TMAnna... :D
but espernet is the bestest net, so we should stay there... :D
on espernet, yes, but on efnet its tmabby.

Saga Musix

Saga Musix

Yep, this is an ooooold topic, but I thought that it'd be worth mentioning that there is a web chat widget on the main site now available for those people who'd like to chat with us but don't want to or can't install an IRC client. Maybe this will bring some more activitiy in our (slowly growing but still) small IRC channel...

LPChip

Louigi Verona