Hello people. i am really glad the community is alive !!

Started by ndelay33, December 06, 2010, 04:25:12

Previous topic - Next topic

ndelay33

i am 22 year old now. and it was 2002 when i first downloaded modplug.
after i was just downloading new versions. never thought there is a community around it. i even had a depression that i am the only one still writing on it  8)

thanks coders !
the soft is amazing. when you know it like your brother - you can do anything - it's just a matter of your ideas.
this year i realized i need to make music all my free time and i am going to have a vinyl release and several compilations entries already.
http://soundcloud.com/myown-kills/no-time-on-dancefloor-vip

that's modplug at it's most power )) i use +-60 vst on track and it gets really nasty at the mastering process (probably coz PC is 1.7 intel vs 2gb RAM)

8 years on modplug.. i've tried buzz tracker but then the guy lost the code. and it was very buggy. and mpt in 98% never fails and never crushes
(last time it crushed when i was doing cntr-C cntrl-V thing in Sample Editor - but it was an accident i am sure  8)

i will think of things i really thought could feet modplug and create a topic.

so big up guys ! this is a great soft. it is so user friendly for me that it scares everybody  :D :D

and quick question: will 4gb RAM give me more power to use vst ?

psishock

Quote from: ndelay33 on December 06, 2010, 04:25:12will 4gb RAM give me more power to use vst ?
Just to make a few things clear:
- Normally Windows XP 32bit cannot utilize more than 2gigabytes to a single 32bit application. It can go far as 3gigabytes with PAE memory hack enabled and the /3gb switch.
- Getting a 64bit OS, like Windows 7 *could* help in theory, but OMPT will still be a 32bit application. The VSTs that you're using are probably too, so you'll stuck with the 3gb max barrier, no matter how far do you push the OS ram.
- If you're planning to run dozens of VSTi in realtime playback, RAM wont really help you tho'. It will only define how much instances you can load up, before reporting the "out of memory" error.
- You'll need CPU power for this. A lot :D. (some of the modern trackers even can utilize multiple cores)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

KrazyKatz

Heck Psi, you pretty much answered everything I was going to say and more.

I would actually very much like for OMPT to take advantage of multiple threads, but I understand that this would be a coding nightmare.

Way to go ndelay33 on your musical achievements :).
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

kit beats

Quote from: ndelay33 on December 06, 2010, 04:25:12
i am 22 year old now. and it was 2002 when i first downloaded modplug.
after i was just downloading new versions. never thought there is a community around it. i even had a depression that i am the only one still writing on it  8)
hahah i know that feelin..no you dont!:)
Quote from: ndelay33 on December 06, 2010, 04:25:12
so big up guys ! this is a great soft. it is so user friendly for me that it scares everybody  :D :D
How user friendly it is¿ !:) Thats what i was questioning myself for a long time...its not user friendly till its SO user friendly !
Welcome, Big up:D
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Rakib

Btw since you linked to soundcloud, there is a group for people making music with modplug tracker there:
http://soundcloud.com/groups/modplug-tracker
^^