[Eurodance] Dancing on the Milky Way (mptm/ogg)

Started by Saga Musix, October 04, 2010, 17:16:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

This upbeat dance track was written for my demo group Nuance. It was used in our tUM 2010 invitation demo which ranked 3rd in the demo compo at MAiN#5.

http://sagamusix.de/download/dancing_on_the_milky_way/
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Nice melodic intro. Perfectly euro sound with a moderate beat, and confident bass levels. Waay-haay-hay too short! We need 6 more minutes of thorough development! 8)

mrvegas

Sounds great.  Nothing wrong with a song under 3 minutes.  Some of the best ones are much shorter than that, and there's no point of stretching 2.5 minutes of material to a 4-6 minute song.

Very cool.

Saga Musix

Thanks for the feedback!
Quote from: mrvegas on November 06, 2010, 23:47:31Nothing wrong with a song under 3 minutes.
Well, I wanted to extend it to something like 3:30, but I never got any further, and this version was just as long as needed for the demo.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Tony

Hey there Jojo! Great work on the song mate! I liked it very much. If I can suggest one thing, it would be make more!

Cheers:Tony ;D

bvanoudtshoorn

Very enjoyable! At one point, about midway though, I thought that you were going to modulate to another key... I'm undecided as to whether I would've preferred that, or if I prefer having my expectations quashed. :)

I like the length -- it's long enough that I want to listen to it again (as I'm now doing).

Saga Musix

Compo transpose up? No, not here. ;D I didn't really think that a transposition would be necessary. Thanks for the feedback, anyway!