MODPlug Central Downloads - In Beta

Started by MisterX, June 20, 2006, 20:50:29

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterX

A short announcement:  The MODPlug Central Downloads area is accessible from the main site:

http://www.modplug.com/

This area of the site features some of the songs that were hosted at MPC "back in the day".  I haven't been able to locate them all yet, but will continue to look for them.

The downloads area is based off of a very simple download script that was available for free online, so it isn't much to look at (or navigate through), but it serves its purpose.

You should also be able to upload new songs to the site as well.

Please check it out and report any bugs in this thread.

Thanks!
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft
===========================
I am happy to be born when I was - at least I caught the tail end of freedom.

Squirrel Havoc

Wow, that is some great news that theres music again, and it's not all im MP3 format, and....you can browse by format! My only complaint so far: Too many links to download. I mean you click a song link, then the download link and then the agree link, then the download link again, then it will start automagically or if you run a script blocker you click the link.

My little suggestion: If there is only one mirror site to download from, load the download page on the mirror site automatically. I know it's just a small whine, but it would be nice.

Anyway, super-thanks for bringing back some older music, now it's time to go check out some tunes  :boogie:
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

MisterX

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"My little suggestion: If there is only one mirror site to download from, load the download page on the mirror site automatically. I know it's just a small whine, but it would be nice.

I agree, which is why I felt it necessary to mention that I didn't write that download system, I just tweaked it a bit to get it to work on PHP5 and to recognize the file system that the downloads are in.  ;)  I'll try to improve upon it whenever I can.
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft

DavidN

It's great to see the site coming back together (even if all the available downloads by me are the really embarrassing old ones).

Harbinger

This is great!! :D

I didn't want to upload and share my music with JUST ANYBODY! Now i can share it with my colleagues and fellow trackers!

Just to make sure though: if i have my .it or .mp3 file on my Zip disk, how do i upload from within the upload page to get it from the disk, since there's really no site to access?

MisterX

I just wanted to mention again that this services does allow you to upload music to MPC - it is not just for downloading older files.  Upload your new stuff and let me know what we need to fix in the system!
-Mister X aka Kim-
StudioKraft

speed-goddamn-focus

Just tried it by adding the good old 4pat1, but it seems the description and the author fields are severely cut. Perhaps a warning when adding the song would be in place?

DMNXS

Yaaaay!!! So it happened! Awesome :D . Thanks MisterX 8) ! Is it provided byt he same guy/people you had mentioned when I last asked (some time 1 1/2 years ago :shock:)?
From MST3K episode "Pod People":
   [Tommy shows Trumpy how to work a jigsaw puzzle.]
   Tommy: You see? The pieces go together.
   Joel: Oh, if only this film were so lucky.

Relabsoluness

Some thoughts I have had about the new download system:

A while ago, I took a look at the download system, and decided to download some new mod there. So I chose some mod and pressed download. Well, it wasn't that easy - instead of starting downloading, a page filled with legal nonsense came up. After a while of wonderment, I left the downloading be - those long licensing agreements just are quite repulsive.

rewbs

De-announcing. This is no longer new news.