And out of the ashes....

Started by uncloned, November 04, 2009, 14:20:52

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

If TiS goes belly up some folks associated with SoOn are going to try to put up a site to replace it.

Consider it a TiS with, as much as possible, done better. Streaming and all.

This project may gel, or it may not - right now who knows what the future holds - all is certain now is that we are giving it a shot.

I'd be interested in hearing from coders and designers. We have a core group - but there will be lots of work.

Also.... the name is up for grabs as well right now.

I almost hit on a good one "noindustrymusic" - but alas it was a false alarm - nonetheless that gives you an idea of where we are heading.

[update]
I ended up registering www.notonlymusic.com

not only music

which is quite appropriate considering we'd want to host more than just music - digital art for instance.

Chris

Louigi Verona

though the name which starts with a "no" is not something you would want to say "yes" to. I am generally against negativity in names, even if it tries to say something positive.

maleek

Sounds like an excellent idea to my mind. Verona is onto something important about getting positive associations though.

Sam_Zen

I agree with LV about the 'no..' impact.

I understand the 'notonlymusic' idea, because 'digital art' will be part of the content too.
First, this would be a kinda replica of what's happening on the SoOn forum already.
Secondly, these 2 strings are too nondescript imo.
'Not only music' could mean talking about music, and the latest headphones.

I suppose 'digital art' here means graphics made with the computer.
But I consider most music presented at the MPF as 'digital art' too, strictly spoken.
And, strictly spoken, even an elegantly coded program could be seen as 'digital art'..

So this needs a more specific approach, to make the goals clear.
'Not only music' could also mean that music is the center of it. With other disciplines around.
So only graphic expressions linked with music would be relevant.
Like a composer making his/hers own coverart or movie.

Louigi Verona

Yeah, but please do note that the idea is very good and I totally support it.

uncloned

thanks for the support everyone!

I could not find a simple positive statement URL that wasn't already taken.
So I started to think of the negative ones. That is how that happened.

Louigi Verona

Why the rush in getting the URL?

TheEagle

Quote from: "uncloned"I could not find a simple positive statement URL that wasn't already taken.So I started to think of the negative ones. That is how that happened.

Well,    the following seem to be still available:

www.digital-art-and-music.com

www.more-than-just-music.com

www.music-art-and-more.com

www.musicartandmore.com

maleek

If you are willing to look into the rabbit hole and use words of less descriptive nature I am sure the options are almost limitless.

:)

Louigi Verona

g

I think notonlymusic is a great name :) it's very descriptive.

TheEagle

Quote from: "TheEagle"Well, the following seem to be still available:

www.digital-art-and-music.com

www.more-than-just-music.com

www.music-art-and-more.com

www.musicartandmore.com

Quote from: "maleek"If you are willing to look into the rabbit hole and use words of less descriptive nature I am sure the options are almost limitless.
Quote from: "Louigi Verona"yeah. like super-rabbits.org!

Hmm. I just wanted to help, no more no less.
However, I can't wait to see your suggestions...

And I agree with g. Indeed, notonlymusic is a very descriptive name.

g

Also, the acronym would be nom, which makes me think of eating which I also like.

Sam_Zen

yep, after all, I like the name too.

uncloned

I thought getting the URL would present people with a tangible first step which I think is very important to the traxinspace community which has witness much stagnation and not much development.