How much is ModPlug Central worth to YOU?

Started by Saga Musix, August 18, 2010, 20:44:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you donate?

No.
2 (20%)
Yes, anything less than 5 euros a year.
1 (10%)
Yes, anything less than 10 euros a year.
3 (30%)
Yes, anything less than 20 euros a year.
3 (30%)
Yes, anything less than 50 euros a year.
1 (10%)
Hell yes, I'd donate you the whole server costs! =)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: August 18, 2010, 20:48:10

KrazyKatz

I imagine that most donators are from the Forums though and don't go to the main site. Put a Donate button on it.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: Jojo on June 14, 2011, 14:23:49
Now I'm waiting for some donors... :P

Lets see... I have 2 kidneys, 2 lungs... what bloodtype do you have?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

KrazyKatz

Oh there it is :). Good stuff. On another note, what are your thoughts on putting a banner for someones website if they donate? Just to get some incentive going.

Alternatively, how's about a few choice adverts. I certainly don't want to overrun OMPT with adverts, but key adverts for Plugins and Musical stuff could be welcomed and could generate revenue with clicks.
I'm sure some big companies would not mind spending for them what is pennies to them to have a banner on the site for a few months. A Sponsor so to speak. One advert could cover the entire server cost.
If people are up to this, I'd be happy to write the Emails to a few choice companies.

Just brainstorming here, but why not? So what are your thoughts?
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

I honestly don't really like any kind of advertising. I always try to keep them to a minimum or avoid them if possible. If all else fails, we could look into it of course.

Saga Musix

Well, there are three reasons why I'm against ads:
1) I don't like ads
2) It would get me into all kinds of legal trouble because technically I would be earning money using the website (I might have to register a business or something, and that's all kind of legal stuff I don't want to be confronted with)
3) Let's face it, who would want to advertise here? If the "big ones" deny the existence of our music creation software, do you really expect any of them to pay some bucks for having advertisments on the site? I say no. And that's also speaking from experience, because I know that the advertisments on The Mod Archive don't generate very much revenue, either.

I still like the idea of offering email addreses (@openmpt.org) to people who have donated.

Quote from: LPChip on June 15, 2011, 08:07:13If all else fails, we could look into it of course.
If all fails (which it currently doesn't), I'd rather pay for the server personally than putting ads on the site.

BTW, we have now collected enough donations to cover the cost for the next quarter, yay! A big thank you to all who have donated. So all upcoming donations will be saved for the 4rd  payment of 2011, which is due in december.

Harbinger

As soon as i can fit it into my budget, i intend to make a substantial donation, but i will not transfer money over the internet. Do you have a way to send donations via money order or some other hard-copy transaction? Is there an account maybe that a bank would be able to deposit into? (If the info you can give me must remain non-public, you can email me with the info. I shall practice discretion.)

Also, i must send US$, so what is the current rate of exchange? (...altho our president is doing his best to devalue our money!)

Rakib

Whats wrong with internet transfer?
All my accounting is done by internet. My primary bank is a internet bank. they dont have any offices you can visit to.
^^

Saga Musix

I suppose I could accept donations via IBAN, but I also think that it might be better to finally set up a dedicated account for this first. I don't like to have money on my account which is technically not mine.

Christofori

Quote from: Harbinger on June 16, 2011, 20:03:30
(...altho our president is doing his best to devalue our money!)

Off-topic (sorry..) but that's one of his goals.. indeed.  I'll just keep my mouth shut about the rest and of the string of puppets since Kennedy's assasination.. but anyone can contact me for more if desired. :)
/christofori
'slightly disturbed and wonderfully content'
*Master of the Obvious*

Saga Musix

Hey, I like that. It allowed me to buy Visual Assist X for what is a cheap 35 euros here. :P

Christofori

Quote from: Jojo on June 17, 2011, 08:00:48
Hey, I like that.

So does most of the rest of the world..! [which equals a :( for me, and a :) for you perhaps..!]
/christofori
'slightly disturbed and wonderfully content'
*Master of the Obvious*

Harbinger