Happy Birthday, ModPlug!

Started by Saga Musix, September 19, 2012, 07:24:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

As it can be read on the news page: Today is the 15th anniversary of ModPlug Tracker. The first pre-alpha version was released on September 19, 1997 - and 15 years after, OpenMPT is still alive and kicking!
I wonder if anyone actually still has this pre-alpha version (the first version I have is Alpha 5), and if so, if they could share it with us.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Oh wow, time goes fast.

Happy birthday everyone, and good post Saga Musix! :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

.^o

Mr.Eagle

sorry for my bad English

Rakib

Great post and thanks for continued support for this great piece of software.
^^

Harbinger

In a computer world where system versions are obsolete after about a year, and applications are obsolete after about 5, it just goes to show you that open-sourcing and feature-functionality are just the vaccines needed to keep an old program going.

It also doesn't hurt that you have coders who are willing to go in and constantly upgrade the application's architecture and features, so thanks goes to you and others, Jojo, for keeping it alive. You're like a doctor for an 80-year-old man, and the patient, while showing his age, is still full of vigor and can contribute alot for some of these young tykes. Yeah, he's got a lot of bionics, implants, and bone replacements, but that only makes him better!

Plus it doesn't hurt that, for a free application, it does an awful lot as far as assembling all types of music... 8)

HB, MPT! ;D

sso

oh my god, has it been that long? lol

probably might have had that alpha version at some time, dont anymore though.

happy birthday modplug tracker!

and great thanks to its creator, may he live a long good life.