[electronic] Daily20081229 Crystal Hell (mp3)

Started by uncloned, December 30, 2008, 04:41:56

Previous topic - Next topic

uncloned

psishock

Interesting voices Chris, it feels like i'm back in 1982 and watching the Tron science fiction film with that cybernetic world and programs. Can we call this ambient music?
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

Thanks for the listen Psi!

To me it may have too much rhythm to be ambient but not everyone agrees with my definition.

What enjoyed while working on this was the sound design for the "scream" lead. That was one I imagined and was able to program on my synth. Ring modulation for the win!

I was inspired by what you related in your work when you do your sound design. = Thanks for that!

psishock

feels more than happy to have some of my work inspired you Chris ^^

uncloned

that is what this forum is all about, I think.

as opposed to other places here we meet as composers -> no charts or other silly awards like traxinspace and other sites.  (I do that at SoOn too... but here I am myself and only that.)

I apologize for my initial dismay at the low traffic and the need to host your music in a freely down loadable form.

This community is something special - rather warm actually - and listening to LPchip's latest improvisation goes rather nicely with this feeling.

psishock

QuoteThis community is something special - rather warm actually -
Yes yes, i feel the same, this community is special in many ways. People from very different culture and music genres are meeting, listening and inspiring each other.

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Crystal Hell
If Tangerine Dream composed symphonies, this is what they would have sounded like, especially before the 80s and MIDI. An avante-garde attitude mixed with modern effects. In fact many of the spots reminded of some of the tracks on the Legend soundtrack that Tangerine Dream composed music for. The transitions between electronic themes and variations is apparently the composer's specialty, as this is rampant throughout his works. One would only hope that robots are never inspired, because they will copy Msr. Vaisvil with plagiaristic ecstasy!!

uncloned

Thanks Harbinger!

I do like advant garde music quite a bit. I'm still just learning my new Korg MS2000 though. I got it in 2002 or so by my job because really bad for my creativity and it sat mostly unused for a few years.

Tangerine Dream Ricochet is my favorite ambient album.

Sam_Zen

Enjoying this. Nicely put little pattern-repetitions mingling through each other in different rhythms.
The scream just comes in time.. (would have loved to hear its lower regions) Strong transitions after that. A bit of hesitation after 9:30 about what next. Good resonating to end with.

uncloned

Hi Sam,

I did make arpeggios at multiples and interger fractions of the base BPM.

Lower on the voice? That is a good idea.