[Ambient Techno] Giving and Receiving

Started by maleek, February 05, 2010, 17:16:10

Previous topic - Next topic

maleek

More techno oriented music from yours truly. I delve deeper and deeper into sound-design and atmospheric soundscapes. Regardless of how it is described, I hope some of you will find it interesting. :)

http://soundcloud.com/suecae_sounds/suecae-giving-and-receiving

Saga Musix

Too much variation for the genre IMHO - The chord change at 1.10 is not necessary. :) Apart from that, it's a pretty nice track.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

maleek

Hehe. It is not Detroit oriented. That's for sure. It kind of crosses over to a housegroove tip' at times. I don't tend to do strictly genre oriented music. Thanks for the comment nonetheless! :)

Saga Musix

Well, I wasn't thinking about detroit techno or anything actually - more about minimal music in general, which this certainly would be if it hadn't so many chords.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

maleek

I wasn't exactly aiming for a strictly minimal groove, although I really appriciate the character of great minimal music and consider myself inspired by some of the prominent artists who make music in that direction.

I listen to quite a lot of dubtechno, but this isn't exactly dubtech either. It falls between genrés, hopefully landing somewhere interesting. :)

Sam_Zen

It has a nice strong atmosphere, until after a break, at 2:37, a boring melody line starts, with a poor, non-descript sound.
It's a weakening addition which is not necessary.

AlisterFlint

interesting intro, although a tad too long. the rest is too "weak", especially the last part..

maleek

Sam_Zen & AlisterFlint:
Ouch! Different strokes for different folks I reccon. Some like what others dislike and vice versa. The modplug community is still not known for its cautious sense of soft critisism I reccon. :P

AlisterFlint

i'm sorry if i offend you in any way, it's just i've heard zillions of electronica tracks and i guess i'm not an easy listener..

psishock

maleek: the open, bullshit-less critics have 100% more value than the "cautious" and "soft" ones. Take 'em like a man and learn from them, or GTFO. :wink:

I like when a song has cool variations, so that is never a considered to be bad. The song has a nice flow, the easy atmosphere is charming, but i would definitely do something with that melody from 2:37+, the impact of the song started to drop from that point. The sounds may be ok for the case, but the way you have used it should get some serious polishing. Altho' the groove and the structure is very much fine.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)