[Pop/Rock] Standing on the brink of forever (MP3)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, June 13, 2008, 03:11:43

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Reflections on what's going on in my life at the moment. I feel as though I'm on the threshold of not only a new chapter, but a new book. I'm finishing uni this year and getting married soon after - I can see the landmarks up ahead, and I feel as though I'm on the brink of forever. Whilst everything ahead is positive, there's some sadness in losing a lot of what I have at the moment. But part of living is making sacrifices and moving on.

Get it here.

Coverart:

Sam_Zen

A nice illustration of the landmarks. Quitting the uni scene and getting married are definitely starting a new book.
This piece has a nice mix of a promising feeling, and things that are lost behind.

KrazyKatz

Love your hi-hat work. Where did you get the great drum/cymbal samples?
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

bvanoudtshoorn

Thanks Sam_Zen & KrazyKatz!

The drums are from ns_kit7 - which used to be free (and now isn't). I might be able to arrange a copy for you if you PM/email me...

I was going to use a great set of percussion loops that I now have, but they were actually all too "rocky" for the track - they made the electric guitars sound a lot thinner. :) I'm actually working a 4/4 loop into a 3/4 track at the moment - nice big movie-style percussion. I'll probably finish it after my exam tomorrow. :?