my life is complete

Started by georg, August 20, 2013, 10:12:33

Previous topic - Next topic

georg

screw 10 year reunions about 4pat1. i have waited for THIS reunion since 1996-7.
ftp://aero.exotica.org.uk/pub/mirrors/modland/pub/modules/Protracker/Krest/coop-Blackstar/

i found all other "early" mods, but this one was lost until a few minutes ago. i could only play it in my head from memory. originally on a ST floppy with 2 other mods and protracker from a pirate disk dealer. later it was one of the earliest files downloaded from the internet back in the days of expensive dial up and still living Amigas. of course the HDD it was on died, and floppies were lost, and if there is a tape still alive somewhere i wouldn't even have anything to play it on. all i had was the name "gregorian 3" and googleing that was useless...

it means much to me and probably noone else. many thanks to anyone keeping ancient files alive somewhere.

i'm going to fill the rest of this post with FUCKYEAH. so ban me quick
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

LPChip

FUCKYEAH!

ftp://aero.exotica.org.uk/pub/mirrors/modland/pub/modules/Impulsetracker/LPChip/

Oh wait... I'm supposed to give the right example. FUCKYEAH! :nuts:

Good to see you found that gem again. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Also, using [ftp] tags for FTP links will work. I know it's stupid, but that's how SMF works. ;)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Lol, I never knew ftp tags existed. Good to know. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

georg

LPChip that list looks very incomplete :D

I didn't mention that i found the mod by mistake. I'm writing a list of the various mods/mp3s i have and i googled a mod to check the author's name. I didnt find it but i did find a list of tons of mods. So almost completely randomly i searched for gregorian.... and nearly had a heart attack. ^^

The list was useless as far as actually figuring out where to download BUT at least i found the name of those who tracked it. After than it took a bit of googleing before i finally found that ftp page...

I'll complete my list and post it soon. I doubt it will cause heart attacks though, but hey, you never know. So many mods are OHC entries, and ofc unsigned. :(

LPChip

Yeah it does, but just being there is already something. :) I did mail one of the admins with additional mods, but I guess he still didn't got time to put it on or something... There was this problem with mirrorring that they had to resolve first.

PPH

My mods are there too!

ftp://aero.exotica.org.uk/pub/mirrors/modland/pub/modules/Impulsetracker/PPH/

I feel important :D Some weeks ago, something similar happened. I googled one of my songs, and ended in some kind of Internet radio that had all of my published mods. I never lost any of them, though. I have lost one source file of a track I made, but I think it's in an old computer. And that file surely is nowhere else to be found.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

georg

Kind of strange to see one of your songs on a malware infested mp3 site. :D
I found some of my own earlier this year. Not quite fame...

Saga Musix

Quote from: georg on August 22, 2013, 01:36:55
Kind of strange to see one of your songs on a malware infested mp3 site. :D
I found some of my own earlier this year. Not quite fame...
Eh. These sites just scrape the web for MP3 links, put them on their own site, and then redirect the user to the original site after they have seen some nice flashy ads. My way around this "problem" is to use OGG instead of MP3, only one of my MP3 files ever found its way on such a site (the link to that MP3 file is long dead, but I still get referrals from such sites every now and then)...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

georg

As promised, the list. Attached to post.

Or here if you just wanna skim it: http://pastebin.com/Ky7tX97Z

If anyone wants, i could upload to wikisend or mail it or something else.

speed-focus

Quote from: georg on August 21, 2013, 00:11:47
So many mods are OHC entries, and ofc unsigned. :(
I can take the blame for biatchslapped and nosepicker :)

LPChip

Tekons was made by me (first ohc) and in OHC unsigned, today.it (Today's mind) was made by me too. Was the 2nd or 3rd OHC.

PPH

Ha! LPChip's "I was Mental Before", which is in georg's list, was great!

Here's a topic at CTG Music with a link to a Google Drive with many songs (mine are there, for example) http://www.ctgmusic.com/topic.php?id=13579

EDIT: Damn! I attempted to login at CTG and couldn't. There seems to be a reunion there too. I reset the password and never got the e-mail. And one can't even post in the forums as guest!
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

LPChip

Quote from: PPH on August 24, 2013, 15:15:22
EDIT: Damn! I attempted to login at CTG and couldn't. There seems to be a reunion there too. I reset the password and never got the e-mail. And one can't even post in the forums as guest!
PPH, I am an admin on CTG nowadays too. I'll look into it and reset your password. :)

PPH

Got your message! Thank you, pal!
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============