Buzz is getting a pianoroll

Started by Rakib, August 31, 2009, 23:42:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakib

Think it must be the first tracker with pianoroll or am I wrong?

http://www.buzzchurch.com/viewtopic.php?p=39830
^^

Louigi Verona

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/wayfinder/www/html/db/mysql4.php on line 48

arinlares

I didn't know Buzz was still in development.  Of course, I haven't used it.  Ever.

Of course, the whole site seems to be down.

psishock

I fail to recognize the significance of this. If im ready to use the pianoroll i might as well use any other sequencer that is more sophisticated than most of the trackers, for the task. We already have a system that works very similar way, if we use multiple channels im ompt example, some of the trackers extended this feature having able to use more note columns in only one channel, so chords are very much ok at this moment too.
(yea, the link is fatal error :P)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Saga Musix

BeroTracker has a piano roll, for several years now. And the tracker itself looks pretty much like modplug. :) (hint: you might want to go for BeroTracker Classic)

I didn't know Buzz was still in development. Of course, I haven't used it. Ever.
It is again in development.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

But I must say Bero tracker also was quite nice, liked the the automation worked, and also the similarities with modplug. (I've never understood the FT2 interface, like renoise, protrekkr...)
^^

Nahkranoth

There is Aodix tracker, very cool and it has (more like had) potential but the project died. It has pianoroll combined with tracker-style environment. I think it was the first tracker with pianoroll.

Rakib

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"There is Aodix tracker, very cool and it has (more like had) potential but the project died.
The creator died! RIP Arguru, one of the person who have influensed most the tracker community
^^

psishock

Arguru? wasn't he the man behind Frutty Loops Studio? Even Deadmau5, one of the most successful and popular fl producer named one of his songs from him.
Oh i can c that his been involved with many other projects as well, like Noise Tracker (the recent versions are called Renoise ;)) and Psycle example. :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Suva/Arguru

Saga Musix

Arguru was the man behind a lot of audio software, including Psycle, Modix and NoiseTrekker (which was the basis for Renoise and also ProTrekkr, and which is not the same as Noise Tracker), and he was also involved in FL Studio.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

he was a productive man, in short. :D

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Rakib"The creator died! RIP Arguru, one of the person who have influensed most the tracker community
I know. Just didn't want to raise this topic once again. He's the creator of Voyager VSTi, still one of the most cool and underrated synths. And some of Image-Line projects, not to mention FLStudio.

maleek

1 +

Buzz Tracker was revolutionary when it came. Oskeris computer crashed hard a couple of years ago, killing of his hard-drives. One year ago or so (?), he found an old backup he had made and started working on it again.