OpenMPT is clean of viruses.

Started by LPChip, January 28, 2011, 21:19:54

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Okay, this might be obvious for most of us, and certainly is not ment as an insult to the devs.

Our software is being scanned by FileCluster and yet again it has been found clean of viruses.

If you are afraid to get an infected file, there is a download button available from their website that has been scanned, although I can say that our version is clean of viruses and can safely be downloaded from SourceForge without it containing viruses as well.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

...or, if you're really that paranoid and want to check every file you download, don't rely on sites like FileCluster which just steal other people's pagerank by delivering generated content (i.e. not created / selected by humans) and use Jotti's Malware Scan or VirusTotal instead, thank you. You also get a greater selection of scanner engines there.

Edit: BBCode fixed.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

...or just use your own installed, regularly updated and trusted antivirus software. :)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

KrazyKatz

Avira AntiVirus. Not only free but the most effect Anti-Virus software out there. I've seen it pick up viruses that NOD32 has missed.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

LPChip

Quote from: KrazyKatz on January 28, 2011, 23:16:05
Avira AntiVirus. Not only free but the most effect Anti-Virus software out there. I've seen it pick up viruses that NOD32 has missed.

I actually uninstalled Avira and replaced it by Microsoft Security Essentials because Avira finds viruses that don't exist X)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Avira has an incredibly high false-positive rate; that's one reason why I also ditched it in favour of Microsoft Security Essentials (which is not the same as the Defender thingy which comes with Windows). It's a lot lighter on resources and keeps itself nicely in the background. I don't regret the change. ;D
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Or even better if you have the time and knowledge, read trough the code and compile it yourself. But guessing this doesn't apply to so many here.
^^

uncloned

or better yet, don't rely on software and instead only use acoustic instruments you have hand crafted.

LPChip

Quote from: uncloned on January 29, 2011, 02:42:11
or better yet, don't rely on software and instead only use acoustic instruments you have hand crafted.

Hmm yeah... sounds like a great idea. Good bye OpenMPT... You dumb ass... :nuts: j/k

uncloned

Ahh, I see your point.

Then following this example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLPVCJjTNgk

Implement an Intel computer with embedded OpenMPT software + compo sample pack (from one of Jojo's winning songs) in a like manner.

KrazyKatz

Amazing! The level of intellectualism in this forum is A+.
Good to know about MS Security Essentials. Was aware of Aviras false positive issues, but didn't know there was a better alternative and from Microsoft nonetheless.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com