[Pop] You've given me (v0.8) (MP3)

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, January 21, 2008, 04:57:53

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

I'm not quite sure if I'm 100% happy with this track yet, so I've called it version 0.80. :) You might also notice that it's in the "temp" dir on my host. I thought I'd post it up here so that I could get a bit of feedback on whether you guys think it's done yet, or if not, what I still need to do... Let me know.

Get it here.

Sam_Zen

It's a neat composition, but quite static in what is happening.
So I imagine the piano track slowly rotating in the panorama between L and R.

mrvegas

It's a very beautiful piece.  It's not really necessary to change anything -- the oboe could be louder when it has the melody.

My only thoughts are -- have the oboe or flute double the melody with the piano the second time through, then put in a bridge section, then bring back the melody for a third and final time, doubled with flute or oboe, and some other instrument with a little counterpoint.  Then have everything die down for a very short repeat of the last phrase by piano only.  I know that's a fairly standard structure, but it's worked for several centuries.

It's very easy to compose someone else's music.

As I said, don't feel obligated to change anything, it's a beautiful and inspired piece.  Did you actually do this on MPT?

bvanoudtshoorn

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"It's a neat composition, but quite static in what is happening.
So I imagine the piano track slowly rotating in the panorama between L and R.

Thanks for the feedback, Sam_Zen. Yeah, it is pretty static... I like the idea of doing something non-instrumental, as it were, to make it more interesting.

Quote from: "mrvegas"It's a very beautiful piece.  It's not really necessary to change anything -- the oboe could be louder when it has the melody.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

Quote from: "mrvegas"My only thoughts are -- have the oboe or flute double the melody with the piano the second time through, then put in a bridge section, then bring back the melody for a third and final time, doubled with flute or oboe, and some other instrument with a little counterpoint.  Then have everything die down for a very short repeat of the last phrase by piano only.  I know that's a fairly standard structure, but it's worked for several centuries.

Not a bad idea... I did toy with the idea, but to tell you the truth, I wasn't sure of where to go with a bridge. :) I guess I'll have to do some more playing around on the piano.

Quote from: "mrvegas"It's very easy to compose someone else's music.

As I said, don't feel obligated to change anything, it's a beautiful and inspired piece.  Did you actually do this on MPT?

Thanks again. Yeah, I wrote it using only MPT and Native Instruments Kontakt, my workhorse. :)