missing instruments in imported midi

Started by justinrpg, April 18, 2012, 20:42:31

Previous topic - Next topic

justinrpg

I imported a midi for editing and there is two instruments that do not play in ModPlug that are in the actual midi!! and these instruments are needed to do what I need to do!! what is wrong and why are theses instruments working in ModPlug???

Saga Musix

Again you are providing not a single bit of useful information that could help us helping you. At least providing the MIDI file in question would already help identifying the problem. But without that file... no dice.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

justinrpg

Quote from: Jojo on April 18, 2012, 21:45:25
Again you are providing not a single bit of useful information that could help us helping you. At least providing the MIDI file in question would already help identifying the problem. But without that file... no dice.

How am I supposed to provide the midi if your attachments does not allow for midi!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Saga Musix

Ever heard of zip files? It just looks like you're doing all this on purpose.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

justinrpg

Quote from: Jojo on April 18, 2012, 22:26:56
Ever heard of zip files? It just looks like you're doing all this on purpose.

I am NOT doing this on purpose!!! now you are purposely trying to annoy me!!! (once again)

here is the file crybaby!!!

Saga Musix

On a quick glance, the file plays as expected here. But as you didn't state which instruments are supposedly missing (my crystal ball is broken), it's hard to tell if anything is actually missing.

Quote from: justinrpg on April 18, 2012, 22:29:51
here is the file crybaby!!!

In other news, you may now find another forum to annoy. Have fun.

Bavi_H

I'm interested in this.

In the MIDI file, the track "Vocals" uses MIDI program 0 "Piano 1". However, when I open the MIDI file in OpenMPT, no "Piano 1" instrument is created. The notes from the MIDI track "Vocals" do appear in module channel 12, but use instrument 1 "Bass Drum 1".