[Rock] (test Version) Let MyDemons Out [mp3]

Started by Asharin, March 25, 2007, 12:44:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Asharin

I call it a test version, because I recently had some dental surgery, so I have a lisp at the moment :P I'll probably redo the vocal when all my dental work is done (couple of months :( ) or I might not, seeing as a friend and I have decided to do some work together ..should be interesting, I'm definately a pc based artist, he's a 'traditional' artist..by that I mean he sings and plays guitar and piano..

anyway I digress, here's the track.
http://z0mg.myzen.co.uk/mp3/LetMyDemonsOut.mp3
What do you think of it so far? It's the first time I've used Revitar in a track that I actually (sort of) finished.
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.

Sam_Zen

I'm not a plugin user, but I must admit that this Revitar produces a very clear sound.
Indeed there is some lissssssssssping going on.. :)
As a production I find it a bit flat, I mean regarding intensity. The song streams on, almost without a 'tension-curve'.
Maybe your friend could help there, by playing a solo in about the middle of the song.
Talking about this working together. How will you play your part ? Will you be using running tracker modules ?
I'm interested, because for quite some time I'm experimenting with playing together with friends too, using OMPT on a laptop.

Asharin

Yeah I'll be using the tracker alright. I may be able to play bass guitar, but I don't actually own one these days so modplug just saves me buying one :D
I may eventually get a new one, then modplug will be mainly used just for the drums, and effects.

Asharin

Added a slightly better mixed version with redone vocals on my emospace page, it has a download option so that counts right?
http://www.myspace.com/schtufbox

Sam_Zen

Although I was forced to play the streaming version, because my download failed, I guess the mixed has improved.