Time warping

Started by Sam_Zen, October 23, 2009, 05:50:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

It was clear that with the app Paulstretch a song of 3 mins can be expanded to an hour.
With a nice 'ambient' result of rising and falling sounds.
So I wondered, what if the sound is quite short, to make it a songlength ?
I took a sample of 9 secs, a recording from a telephone with a voice :

http://www.samshuijzen.nl/sam/arch/stretch/saldo_02.ogg

and stretched it to 2:24 (with a setting of adding some low harmonics) :

http://www.samshuijzen.nl/sam/arch/stretch/saldo_c2a.ogg

I wanted to check a shorter version, with a multiplication of 4, so 36 secs :

http://www.samshuijzen.nl/sam/arch/stretch/saldo_c2d.ogg

Then I wanted to recurse with this, so back to 9 secs :

http://www.samshuijzen.nl/sam/arch/stretch/saldo_c2ds.ogg

Not the original. Of course, I suppose ?

uncloned

interesting result.

Perhaps with adjusting the window that is used for the  (I presume) FFT calculation it might return closer to the original?

LPChip

Somehow, I get the message that I cannot play OGX files when I try to play these...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

I am going to guess that LPChip means "ogg" when he mentions "OGX," but I could be wrong. If I am, I am not sure what OGX is then. As for ogg files, Modplug Tracker does not play those that I am aware of. Perhaps that will be a future implementation.

LPChip

I download an OGG according to the url, but it opens as an OGX. Since I don't have an OGX player, I can't play the file.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Firefox plays them without any hassle, so they must be OGG files. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Really Weird Person

Firefox has an ogg player, eh? That is interesting. I would imagine that it is plugin. I would also hazard to guess that such a plugin does not exist for Internet Explorer and may or may not exist for Google Chrome.

Saga Musix

No, it's not a plugin. HTML 5 demands native support for audio and video. The audio codec used for this is OGG Vorbis.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Apparently Opera is acting weird. It somehow converts the filename to .OGX instead of .OGG. If I open the file for download using my download manager, it goes fine.

g

Quote from: "LPChip"Apparently Opera is acting weird. It somehow converts the filename to .OGX instead of .OGG. If I open the file for download using my download manager, it goes fine.
Works fine in my Opera (v10.00 build 1750)

Sam_Zen

Regarding the OGX format, the Wiki :

The Xiph.Org Foundation decided to create a new set of file extensions and media types to describe different types of content such as .oga for audio only files, .ogv for video with or without sound (including Theora), and .ogx for applications

2 Clones :
I haven't explored this window setting yet.

Really Weird Person

QuoteNo, it's not a plugin. HTML 5 demands native support for audio and video. The audio codec used for this is OGG Vorbis.

Ah, I see. I was unaware of that. I would imagine that doesn't include OpenMPT format. :lol: