FLAC import in SampleEdit

Started by peterpiper0815, November 18, 2012, 13:23:50

Previous topic - Next topic

peterpiper0815

I know, this topic was discussed in the past but I havn't found any news on this.
So my question is: Will there be a FLAC support (I'm interested in the import cause 95% of my samples are in FLAC and I don't want to convert them all back to WAV) in the near future?

happy sunday

Saga Musix

Quote from: peterpiper0815 on November 18, 2012, 13:23:50
I know, this topic was discussed in the past but I havn't found any news on this.
Because there aren't any news to be told.

Quote from: peterpiper0815 on November 18, 2012, 13:23:50
So my question is: Will there be a FLAC support (I'm interested in the import cause 95% of my samples are in FLAC and I don't want to convert them all back to WAV) in the near future?
Maybe, maybe not. I have no particular plans on implementing this, especially since Relabs once said that he had a more or less (?) finished integration of libsndfile, which would allow for MP3/OGG/FLAC support. It's not finished yet, though...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

sso

Rakib

A library for importing ogg/flac and other format currently not supported by modplug tracker. It does not support mp3 files.
^^

Saga Musix

Right, libsndfile doesn't support MP3 - I was just quoting off the top of my head there, apparently I remembered something wrong there.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

I had nothing better to do so I played around a bit with the FLAC library. It's highly possible that there will be FLAC import and maybe even FLAC export in the next version of OpenMPT.

Rakib

Im loving the fact that you are having those moments, it just keeps improving modplug tracker.
^^

peterpiper0815

Me and my samplelibrary thank you forever :)

Saga Musix

Status: FLAC import/export is implemented (including stuff like loop points), but there are currently some project configuration issues so I can't get the program to compile properly in release mode. Shouldn't be too hard to resolve, but it might still take a while.

Quote from: Rakib on November 19, 2012, 20:55:24
Im loving the fact that you are having those moments, it just keeps improving modplug tracker.
It's cool that those moments recur, even after four years of heavy development. Wait, did I just say four years? Has it really been that much? It's kinda hard to believe, because that means that I've now worked on OpenMPT for more than half of the time I have actually used it (counting in ModPlug Tracker)...

Rakib

Its called a great achievement!
^^

Saga Musix

Compilation problems have finally been resolved. Now you can load and save FLAC files! http://sagagames.de/stuff/mptrack.exe

LPChip

Awesome! :) Great job Saga Musix!
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs