[Hard Trance] 10000m below sea level (it/ogg)

Started by Saga Musix, September 01, 2010, 19:39:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

Some nice underwater trance. Ranked 3rd (out of 4...) in the tracked music compo at Buenzli 19.

Download: http://sagamusix.de/download/10000m_below_sea_level/
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

Well produced and stuff, you know how to make trance very well but still it just became kinda boring for me.
^^

Tony

Pretty cool song! Thanks for making it into a .it also. I can now study it and see how it works and learn a bit more. Cheers again!

Saga Musix

Quote from: "Tony"Thanks for making it into a .it also.
That was also the intention, making no usage of VST and similar stuff, just showing off the possibilities of the IT format - so the track is probably a bit too technical.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

I'll tell you whats wrong with it, right away :D
- the choice of sounds is a bit sloppy, they aren't go really well with each other
- chord/melodic progression is uninspiring, you should work on more complex and deeper melodies. Most of those lead stuffs has only a mere "placeholder" purpose in this tune, i've felt about nothing while listening to them.
- other than those few featured "special underwater sound FX", it has a boring, generic progression structure.

+ technically its tracked well
+ there are some interesting elements on it here and there, what i've enjoyed (pattern 17-1, 24-31)

Overall: be more creative. :) Don't make tunes only because there is a compo, and you must finish them on time (they will become worthless and old in no time), rather make them when you have a good, worthwhile inspiration.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Harbinger

Notes as i'm listening:

Linking a steady sonar ping to Trance -- why hasn't that been done before? What a great idea!

Excellent stereo space, perfect channel levels, filterwork, and very interesting song design! Forgive me if i RAVE about this piece. (Even Tassel of Blue liked it, and found herself dancing in her seat.) I always love good EDM and this qualifies.

The beat in one way or another keeps going and that's always a plus. My ears are always kept stimulated with the wide choice of timbres, and my toes are never allowed to stop tapping.

Definitely keeping this in the Dance rotation. Yjana will probably put this in the next playlist.

BTW, this is quintessential German -- dark chord progressions, hard rezzes, and pulsing bass waveforms. Excellent work, Jojo. 8)