OPENMPT 64

Started by pit80, August 05, 2013, 08:35:03

Previous topic - Next topic

pit80

HEllo! Possible make OPMPT 64 version? (without bridges)

Saga Musix

If it was that easy, it would have been done already.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

So, I fiddled around a bit, fixed the compile errors, wondered why the appliction still wouldn't run (error 0xc000007b, mixing 64-bit and 32-bit code), found out that it was the manifest that still references the 32-bit version of Common Controls... And then I was able to run a 64-bit version - without ASIO or DSP (bass boost / surround / ...) support. This will require some major rewrite.
Here you can try it out: http://sagagames.de/stuff/mptrack64.7z - If anything behaves in a weird way, in this version, tell me - I'm very sure that something must is broken, and we're far from an official 64-bit release. But if we can find and fix bugs, it might be easier later.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

sso

yeah, i toldja ya was a fucking genius. :D

Saga Musix

It doesn't exactly require a genius to change some compiler settings and do a google search (although the latter was the more complicated path, as the reasons for the error I got can be manifold). Luckily a lot of small steps have been taken in the past to work towards this goal (not necessarily by me), and some bigger steps are still to be done.

sso

geniuses usually do things that are too simple for anyone else.

quote.

"If it was that easy, it would have been done already."

one day later.

"So, I fiddled around a bit"

(however, to be fair, genius is a very wide range word.) (you can be a genius at one thing and totally dumbass on another thing. (no one is perfect.))